Problem: The user needs to replace the RAID cache module for rack-mounted units
Cause: The user may need to replace the RAID cache module for a number of reasons.
Solution: First, locate the RAID module in the back of the appliance. To replace the module, please do the following:
1. Unscrew top. The user can Ignore the warranty sticker.
2. Find the PCI Riser, which is connected to the RAID Controller.
3. Pull the PCI riser up and the user will see a component that resembles RAM. This is the RAID Cache Module.
4. Take the RAID Cache Module out. The RAID Cache Module has two retention clips that will pull out much like RAM.
5. Install the new module.
6. Replace screw(s) for PCI Riser. Screw top back on.