Replibit Release Information
Targeted release starting February 27, 2020
Replibit Agent 2.25 is a Feature Release. The primary focus of this release is to provide support for performing backups of native 4K Advanced Format hard drives.
Summary of Enhancements and Bug Fixes
- Added support for backing up Advance Format 4k drives with proper block alignment
- Added agent-side support for future feature Smart Recovery
- Added support for Windows Server 2019 with large cluster sizes
- Fixed issue with efsvss binaries not being updated during agent update
- Fixed issue with agent crash if protected volume cluster size 128K or larger
- Fixed issue with system not bootable if system partition comes after C: volume on disk
- Fixed multiple issues within causing invalid internal data integrity testing false positives
- Updated method used to collect and report Windows version to appliance
Summary of Advanced Format 4K Drive Support
Agent 2.25 will capture correctly block-aligned backups for supporting native Advanced Format drives with 4k block sizes.
Limited recovery support for 4k drives is planned in Appliance version 10.1.0.
At this time, Replibit has limited support for 4K devices. Only file and folder recovery via mount is currently available. Backups taken with agent versions older than 2.25 will only allow for recovery of files and folders on any version of the Appliance. Appliance release 10.1.0 will provide limited support for recovery of 4K devices (for backups taken by Agent 2.25 or newer) via iSCSI export, bare metal restore (BMR), and instant virtualization in the Axcient Continuity Cloud.
On-premise virtualization of protected systems (StartVM) can be achieved for critical down cases via Support-assisted manual configuration and VirtIO driver injection.
Later appliance releases will enable automatic injection of VirtIO drivers to enable StartVM and AutoVerify checks for 4K systems, as well as Export to virtual disk images.
Auto Update Best Practices
We recommend that Enable Auto Update is enabled on the Settings -> Update Manager page on each of your Replibit devices.
We also recommend that you enable Auto-Enable Remote Assist When Upgrading so that remote access will be available to our development team should something go wrong with your upgrade.
This will ensure that your Replibit devices are updated with the latest software enhancements in a timely fashion, and that the Replibit Support team will have a short window of time to access and repair any troublesome devices without requiring user intervention.