You’re now able to add an extra layer of security to your x360 Portal login, by enabling multi-factor authentication (MFA). x
After your MFA has been enabled and configured, access to your account will require the input of a 6-digit temporary one-time password for every login.
Note: Please be aware that if a user enters an incorrect MFA code ten consecutive times, the account will be locked for one hour.
MFA is self-managed, which means any user can log in to their individual x360 Portal and enable MFA for their own account on their Account Settings page.
1. Login to the Axcient x360 Portal.
2. Navigate to Account Settings from the upper-right user menu (under your account name).
3. Once inside your account, find the Manage Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) toggle.
Click it to change from disabled to enabled. This will launch the Setup Wizard:
Select an authorization method
4. You will be prompted to select a method:
- You can choose to authenticate using an app
- You can choose to authenticate using a SMS text message via your phone
Authenticate with app
Authenticating with an app is the most secure method.
You can download and use the authentication app of your choice. We support all common two-factor authentication apps including Google Authenticator, Authenticator (for iOS), Microsoft Authenticator, LastPass Authenticator and Authy 2-Factor Authentication.
If you select this method, you will be prompted to download the app of your choice and then click Next to continue.
You will then be shown a QR code:
Open your chosen authentication app on your smart device and scan the QR code you now see to create the new account.
Alternative method: If you prefer not to scan the QR code, you can opt to use a secret key instead. Click the Unable to scan? Click here to use a secret key instead link to manually input a 16-digit key code.
Click Next to continue.
You will now be asked to enter the 6-digit code from your authentication app. This will verify that the new account has been set up properly.
Enter the 6-digit code from your authentication app into the provided box and click Next to continue.
Authenticate with SMS
Connect your phone number and receive a text (SMS) message with your MFA code. Individual messaging rates may apply.
If you select this method, you will be prompted to enter the number you wish to use:
Confirm that MFA is enabled and record recovery codes
5. After you have chosen a method of authentication and successfully implemented your choice, you will notice that the MFA toggle has now turned green and is set to MFA enabled.
You will also see confirmation of the authentication method you have selected.
(In this example, the selected MFA Method is Authenticator App)
6. You will be presented with a set of ten one-time recovery codes.
Using recovery codes
7. Important: Record and save these ten recovery codes separately from the device being using to run the authentication app. If the device you are using for the authentication app should be damaged or lost, you will need to input one of these codes using some other method to access your account. Each code can be used only once.
We will keep track of the number of log in attempts and will discard recovery codes as they are used.
If necessary, you can review the remaining recovery codes available for use in your account, but you must be logged in to do this. After you have logged in, open your account and scroll down to the Manage Multi-Factor Authentication section. Click on the View Recovery Codes button.
The codes that have been used will be displayed as Already Used:
In case you have used all of your ten recovery codes, you have the ability to generate ten new recovery codes, if needed. However, new code generation is restricted to once per hour (60 minutes.)
8. Click on the check box next to the disclaimer box, indicating that you understand that you will NOT be able to access your account without these codes or your MFA device.
9. Click Complete to continue.
If for some reason you are unable to access your normal authentication device, log in to your x360 Portal as usual and then click on the Enter a recovery code link.
Enter one of the ten one-time recovery codes provided when you set up your MFA and click Verify to continue.
Note: The one-time recovery codes are not case-sensitive.
Once you’ve logged in, navigate to your Account Settings and reset your MFA setup.
If you do not have access to any of your recovery codes, you will need to contact Axcient support to request your MFA setup be reset.
CUSTOMER SUPPORT | 720-204-4500 | 800-352-0248
- To learn more about any of our Axcient products, sign up for free one-on-one training.
- Please contact your Partner Success Manager or Support if you have specific technical questions.
- Subscribe to the Axcient Status page for a list of status updates and scheduled maintenance.