What is DirectRestore?
Axcient DirectRestore (ADR) is granular data extraction software for offline SQL databases, Microsoft Exchange Server mailbox stores and Outlook files.
The DirectRestore utility provides direct access to unmounted database tables and mail store contents, displaying file structure and contents with selective export functionality.
With a search query tool, users are able to export specific queries rather than large tables or files.
- For SQL databases, recovered items can be saved as SQL scripts or exported directly to a live SQL server.
- For Microsoft Exchange servers, files can be saved as Personal Storage File (.pst) files, to be opened with Microsoft Outlook or other compatible email clients, or exported directly into live Exchange Server mailboxes. The utility makes no changes to the store, preserving it in original unmodified state.
Features of Axcient DirectRestore
- Recovers entire tables, objects and object groups
- Recovers data obtained by specific search queries
- Recovers keys, scripts, functions, triggers and procedures
- Recovers default settings, user types and views
- Saves single or multiple points of data as SQL scripts or exports to live SQL database
Microsoft Exchange Server
- Recovers mailboxes, folders, messages and file attachments
- Recovers contents of Public Folder mailboxes
- Recovers email addresses from Active Directory storage
- Recovers notes, contacts, tasks and appointments Recovers creation dates for all objects
- Saves selected items to PST files or exports to live Exchange Server mailbox(es)
Depending on your preferences, it is possible to install the product in default or advanced mode.
Default mode provides simple setup that requires just a few mouse clicks to complete. For the sake of simplicity, it does not offer any customization capabilities and uses the following default settings:
- Axcient DirectRestore will be installed in a per-user folder and be available just for your user account. You do not need local administrator privileges in this case.
- The default installation location is "C:\Program Files\Axcient\DirectRestore\"
- A shortcut for this program will be created on the desktop automatically.
Step by step instructions:
- Double-click on the setup file to start the installation.
- The Software License Agreement appears. Read it and accept the terms in the License.
- Click Install to start setup.
4. The installation will start. When finished, you will have an option to launch the installed product.
Advanced setup mode allows changing default installation options.
- Double-click on the setup file to start the
- The Software License Agreement appears. Read it and accept the terms in the License Agreement.
- Click Advanced to change installation options described above.
4. Click Next to install the product to the default folder or Change... to choose another folder.
To add an icon shortcut to the desktop for quick start of the program, check Create a shortcut for this program on the desktop. Click Next.
5. Click Next to begin. Click Back to change any of your installation settings. Click Cancel
to exit the setup wizard.
6. After the installation finishes, choose Launch Axcient DirectRestore when setup exits to start the program automatically by clicking the appropriate checkbox.
Click the Finish button to exit the setup wizard.
When starting Axcient DirectRestore for the first time, you are prompted to activate the product by entering your RMC credentials.
- In case you have a problem with incorrect credentials, please use the Forgot your password? link.
- If you don't have an RMC account, you will need to use the license key for activation.(Please contact the Support team if you need help getting the license key).
- Once you have the license key, click Don't have an account?
- Enter the license key, and provide the names of the registered user and company.
Click Activate to finish the activation.
Note: If you should get an error message, verify that the license key has been entered correctly. It's best to copy and paste the key to avoid typos.
For more information about ADR, please review the Axcient Direct Restore documentation: