When using an MSP key provisioned through the eFolder portal, you must use the MSP installer.
The retail install will not allow you to use your eFolder provisioned key to activate the product.
Recognizing the Retail Version vs the MSP Version
Luckily, it is easy to recognize the difference between the retail version of ShadowProtect and the MSP version:
When you go to the activation screen (Help > Product Activation), you will only see three fields to fill out:
The MSP version of ShadowProtect has four fields to fill out:
Switching to the MSP Version
If you have already installed the retail version, and started backups do not uninstall what you already have installed. If you uninstall it, it will require a new base image to be taken.
Instead, follow these steps:
1. On the protected machine (not the BDR), download the MSP installer: http://downloads.storagecraft.com/ShadowProtectMSPCurrent
2. Run the installer over the existing installation.
3. It will ask for a reboot but this is not necessary unless a reboot was not performed on the retail installation. If the reboot was performed on the retail installation, you can tell it you will reboot later.
4. Go to Help > Product Activation
5. You will now see the 4th field asking for the MSP name that was not present before in the retail version.