The 2.7.0 release is a staggered release for the desktop client. Only SaaS partners who have opted into our Early Access program will see their desktop client automatically updated to version 2.7.0. All other partners, including Private Cloud partners, will have access to desktop client v2.7.0 features when the Early Access program is complete. Please reach out to your Partner Success Manager and/or the Axcient Technical Support Team if you are interested in taking part in the Early Access program.
We are pleased to announce Anchor v2.7.0, our latest release of Anchor, which includes important improvements and updates related to performance and user experience.
Note: With the release of Anchor v.2.7.0, the desktop client no longer supports outdated Operating Systems, like Windows Vista, Mavericks v.10.9, and Yosemite v.10.10.
Note on Team Share Permissions: The 2.7.0 release is a staggered release for the desktop client. Only SaaS partners who have opted into our Early Access program will see their desktop client automatically updated to version 2.7.0. Team Share permissions is an example of a feature only accessible to SaaS partners enrolled in the Early Access program. There are multiple beta groups that will have permissions enabled in sequential order over time after the release starting the week of October 22nd. Once permissions is enabled for their organization, the desktop clients will all upgrade to v.2.7.0 and the web will be updated with new components and workflows to take advantage of this feature. If you’d like to be included in the early access program, particularly to beta test Team Share Permissions, please reach out to your Partner Success Manager and/or the Axcient Technical Support Team.
- Administrators can now assign permission roles to subscribers within a Team Share. Roles can be assigned at the Group level, or to individual user accounts.
More to Come: Permission features are currently being developed and implemented in carefully planned stages. In addition to Team Share permissions on the server, web, and desktop clients, the Anchor team will soon be releasing updates to Synced Tool for iOS, Synced Tool for Android and the Outlook Add-in with permissions updates.
- Log files have been improved to generate a unique ID for each web request
- A new scripting option allows administrators to configure Auto-Locking to always lock for the max duration, by default
- A new scripting option allows administrators to turn on the Auto Collisions Resolution policy, by default
- The Allow Users to Lock Files policy is now turned on by default for new organizations
- The Anchor server and desktop client endpoints have been updated to support the new staggered release process
- The Web Preview tool now supports the viewing of PDF files
- System Administrators in Private Cloud environments can now disable an organization through the API
- The Outlook Add-In now correctly creates the Shared Items folder if it does not exist
- The Edit icon has been updated within the right-click context menu in shared folders
- Deleted Groups no longer display an active hyperlink
- Typos and minor styling issues have been fixed in the web portal and on desktop clients
- The Outlook Add-In CloudBrowser nodes now function correctly in all environments
- Team Share folders no longer re-sync to desktop clients as standard folders
- The desktop client no longer re-registers and re-syncs Team Shares on machine startup when the registration wizard is interrupted before completion
- Users are now able to unregister a user account from a Mac OS X desktop client during the sync process
- The Mac OS X desktop client no longer crashes after configuring Selective Sync during the registration process
- Click the My Files tab no longer intermittently redirects to the Download page
- A 500 error no longer displays when selecting the Future Machines subscription option for Team Share subscribers
- A 403 error no longer displays when standard user accounts log into the web portal
- Clicking the Print button in the Web Preview tool now correctly prepares the page for printing
- MSG files now load correctly in the Web Preview tool
- The filestatus command now correctly returns SYNCING status while the desktop client is syncing
- The Desktop Client Preferences dialog box no longer freezes when working in the Selective Sync tab
- OS X Desktop Client no longer freezes during registration in some instances
- Policies are now correctly enabled when generating an organization through a Service Plan
- A 404 error is now triggered when a user tries to download a file for which albatross does not have any data
- When remotely browsing a machine, checkboxes no longer display adjacent to items that cannot be mapped
- Mac Desktop Client log files now display correct date and time
- The Desktop Client no longer throws errors when attempting to sync down a file or folder with a special character
- Private Cloud servers have been enhanced to better handle temporary files
- Large files now load as expected in the Collaborative Web Editor
- QT components have been updated to version 5.9.6
- Collaborative Web Editor loads completely without stalling
- PPTX files now successfully open in the Web Preview tool
- Anchor 2.7.0 Known Issues
- Anchor - Desktop Client 188.8.131.526 for Windows and the Access Control List (ACL)
If you would like to learn more, we invite you to sign up for one-on-one training.