Replibit – Replibit Release Notes for 8.0.7
This Release Includes all changes as of the initial 8.0.0 Replibit Release
This is a maintenance-only release. The primary purpose of this release is to enhance the resiliency and reliability of the Ubuntu Precise (12.04 LTS) Operating System to the Trusty (14.04 LTS) Operating System upgrade that is currently in the process of being rolled out to all Partners via our staggered Release procedure.
Several new enhancements were added to improve our ability to efficiently identify and classify successful, and unsuccessful upgrade events; additional improvements were implemented to better enable remediation capabilities that will resolve failed upgrades; and, many bug fixes and optimizations have been made to make current and future upgrades and updates more consistent and resilient to failure.
As mentioned, because this Release is a “maintenance-only” release, existing devices already on any other version of 8.0.x do not need to install this release.
The next feature release will be Replibit version 8.1.0.
NOTE: Any devices remaining on 7.0.3 or earlier will receive the 8.0.7 release to complete their update to Ubuntu Trusty (14.04 LTS).
ACTION ITEM: Please verify that Enable Auto Update is Enabled on the Settings -> Update Manager page on each of your Replibit devices. It is also recommended that you Enable Auto-Enable Remote Assist When Upgrading so that remote access will be available to our development team should something go wrong with your upgrade.
Summary of Enhancements in Replibit Release 8.0.7
- Updated Boot Splash Screen with new Log Image
- Multiple improvements to telemetry
- Added SystemId to UI to make Remote Assist access easier
- Added UI warning of running VM’s, iSCSI, mounts, and exports before starting upgrade
- Upgraded alternate UI splash screen with message asking users not to reboot during updates
- Ability to manage Ubuntu mirror settings via telemetry
- If Remote Assist is on during upgrade, it will no longer be allowed to expire before the upgrade is completed.
Summary of Bug Fixes
- Fully remove DMRAID from the system
- Fixed Python PIP compilation errors during OS upgrade
- Resolved issues with expired GPG keys
- Resolved issues with Remote Assist 10-minute session timeout
- Fixed broken SNMP services
- Fixed issues with system hanging during reboot
- Fixed multiple issues with ZFS pools during upgrade
- Fixed multiple issues with unknown PPA keys and repositories
- Fixed issue with Lenovo RAID controllers wiping configuration on update
- Multiple fixes to make Precise to Trusty upgrades more resilient and reliable