|What if the number of ShadowProtect cloud machines exceeds the number of licenses purchased?|
When you review your eFolder invoice under normal circumstances, if you are buying bundles of ShadowProtect server licenses with the eFolder cloud, the number of ShadowProtect cloud machines will match the number of your ShadowProtect cloud servers.
- When there is no discrepancy between the number of cloud machines and the number of cloud servers, there will be no additional overage charges on your invoice.
|[ShadowProtect cloud machines] minus [ShadowProtect cloud servers] = 0 [and no overage charges]|
However, if your invoice should indicate the number of ShadowProtect cloud machines in the eFolder Cloud is greater the number of licenses you have purchased, there will be an additional overage charge (Note: cloud-only overages are less expensive than the license+cloud bundles).
In this example, there are eight (8) cloud machines, but only three (3) have been billed as part of a bundle (“3 ShadowProtect cloud servers”). You would then see an overage of five (5) cloud-only servers on your invoice.
You will only see the difference (5) as an overage charge on your invoice and NOT the full number (8).
[ 8 ShadowProtect cloud machines] minus [ 3 ShadowProtect cloud servers] = 5 cloud-only servers
Remember: normally the number of ShadowProtect cloud machines will match the number of ShadowProtect cloud servers and so the overage charge will be 0.
Also, note that cloud-only overages are less expensive than the license+cloud bundles. Please contact your account manager if you have questions about your rates.
|How to check on the number of machines in the eFolder cloud in excess of licenses purchased:|
Your most recent invoice will indicate the number of Cloud Machines located in the eFolder Cloud in excess of the number of licenses purchased.
You can find this information in the line item detail on your last invoice titled eFolder BDR for ShadowProtect Cloud Only Servers:
|To generate a downloadable invoice report with a detailed breakdown by user:|
1. Login to the eFolder Secure Backup Portal at https://backup.securewebportal.net
2. Mouse over Reports to see options for Dash Panel, Accounts, Billing Reports, etc
3. Select Billing Reports.
4. The Billing Reports screen will open:
|To produce reports for one brand::|
1. Brand: Select your company from the drop-down menu
2. Report: Choose Invoice Report
3. Period: Choose (generate new report for today)
4. Click Download Report
|To use the Excel Billing Report generated for your partnership::|
1. Open the Excel report.
2. Locate the sections on the first tab of the spreadsheet titled BDR for ShadowProtect, ShadowProtect Standalone, and ShadowProtect Cloud.
Within these sections, you should see a line providing current data counts, server counts and cloud server counts.
3. Locate the columns titled SERVERS and CLOUD SERVERS.
- The numbers in the SERVERS column indicate the number of active servers licensed by eFolder ShadowProtect licenses.
- The number located under the CLOUD SERVERS COLUMN indicate the number of Cloud Machines located in the eFolder Data Cloud for that user.
If the number in the Cloud Server Column is greater than the number in the Servers Column: This indicates the number of servers located in the eFolder Cloud is greater than the number of Shadowprotect license purchased.
EXAMPLE: Local Police username: police.bdr has 1 ShadowProtect Server license provisioned but 3 servers backing up to the eFolder Cloud.
The two additional servers will be billed as ShadowProtect Cloud Only Servers on the next invoice in addition to the ShadowProtect Licenses or ShadowPortect License Bundles.
|To view granular server name information by user::|
1. Mouse over Reports and select Dash Panel from the dropdown menu.
The following Dash Panel will appear:
2. Count and document all machine names that have a "cloud" icon or “globe” icon next to them.
|The Cloud icon indicates the server is backing up offsite to the eFolder Cloud utilizing Image Manager 7.|
The World icon indicates the server is backing up offsite to the eFolder Cloud utilizing the ShadowProtect Legacy Online Backup Manager software.
NOTE: If an account has been deleted, you will not see it on the dash panel.
- To contact eFolder Technical Support, call 720-204-4500 or submit requests to Submit a Request.
- For a complete list of eFolder status updates and scheduled maintenance advisories, please bookmark or subscribe to the eFolder Status page.
- If you would like to learn more about any of our products, sign up for one-on-one training.
- For known problem resolutions, open a browser and navigate to our Knowledgebase.