Replibit Release Information
Replibit: v8.0.0 | Ubuntu: 14.04
Release Window #1: Axcient Cloud Vaults only
Release Window #2–Axcient Appliances, GMPs, and Private Vaults
July - August
During July and August 2018, Axcient will release a major update to Replibit Appliances, Vaults, and Global Management Portals (GMPs). The main purpose of the release is to upgrade Replibit’s base operating system to Ubuntu 14.04.
The upgrades to Replibit v8.0.0 | Ubuntu 14.04 will occur in two stages:
Stage 1: Replibit Axcient Cloud Vaults will be upgraded to v8.0.0. During this time, your Replibit Appliances and GMPs may display a differing (older) version of Replibit than your Axcient Cloud Vault. This is expected and fully supported.
Stage 2: During the second stage of the release, all Replibit Appliances and GMPs (including Cloud hosted GMPs) will be updated to v8.0.0.
Note: Due to the nature of the Ubuntu OS upgrade:
- It is expected to take 1-4 hours to complete for each device (mainly CPU bound).
- During this time, backup services, replication services, and the local Replibit Web User Interface (UI) will be unavailable.
- A progress screen displaying the status of the upgrade will be displayed on the UI web page.
- Core operating system upgrade to Ubuntu 14.04
- Added the option to automatically enable Remote Assist when performing an update
- Upgraded to ZFS 0.7.8 to enhance security, performance, and functionality
- Enhanced Updater to allow delivery of Agent packages independent of Core updates
- Updated user interface with detailed upgrade progress tracking indicator
- Security enhancements
- Fixed failure to fully delete protected systems in some cases
- Fixed libssl upgrade issues
- Fixed issues with USB device registration when drives are connected on boot
- Minor UI fixes
NOTE: To receive alerts for future Axcient service availability (planned maintenance and unplanned incidents) subscribe from status.efolder.net, and click the ‘Subscribe to Updates” button in the top right corner of the page.
Please contact Axcient support or your account manager with any questions or concerns.
The Axcient Team