Replibit Release Information
04/25/2018 - 05/14/2018
Replibit Agents installed prior to May 2017 are now referred to as “Legacy” versions of the Replibit Agent.
- It is important that any Replibit "Legacy" Agents are updated to Axcient's current version in order to fix known issues.
- As part of this Replibit Appliance Release v2018.04.25, any "Legacy" versions of the Replibit Agent will automatically be updated to Agent v1.19*.
*Protected systems running Windows Server 2003 R2 or earlier will not be updated.
From Wednesday, April 25th, 2018 (04/25/18) through Monday, May 14th, 2018 (05/14/18), Axcient will be releasing updates to Replibit Appliances, Vaults, and Global Management Portals (GMPs) in order to automatically update any "Legacy" versions of the Replibit Agent to v1.19 to resolve known issues.
1. If you have not already done so, please Enable Auto Updates* in Replibit's Update Manager for each of your Appliance(s) and Vault(s) to ensure that you receive this latest update. (*detailed instructions for Enabling Auto Updates are at the bottom of this article).
2. After your Replibit Appliance updates to version 2018.04.25*, please ensure that any Replibit "Legacy" Agents (Agents installed prior to May, 2017), have been updated to Agent v1.19 (with the exception of endpoints running Windows Server 2003 R2 or earlier).
- *Please perform this check on or shortly thereafter the conclusion of the Release on May 14th 2018.
- Please use these instructions on how to determine what version of the Axcient Replibit Agent, please refer to the KB Article by clicking here: Check for Replibit Legacy Agent.
Additional Enhancements in this Release:
- System volume backup fixes
- Diagnosability and logging improvements
- Agent update process improvements
- Improved resiliency for SQL and Exchange server backups
- Improved connection handling
- Agent events re-design
- Configurable socket timeouts
Detailed instructions for Enabling Auto Updates for Replibit:
The Update Manager configures and manages the automatic deployment of updates on your Devices and Protected Systems.
- From the left menu pane, click "Settings" to expose the configurable options within the main window.
- To enable Auto Updates, check the Enable Auto Update checkbox to automatically install new updates during the overnight maintenance window. If available, Agent software on Protected Systems will also be updated automatically.
- To manually check for new updates, and apply them immediately, click Check Updates. If new updates are discovered, the button will change to Update Now.
- Click the Update Now button to install updates immediately.
- The Device will be rebooted automatically once the update process has completed.
Please contact Axcient support or your Account Manager with any questions or concerns you may have.
The Axcient Team