Return to the VMware Continuity Cloud Guide - eFolder BDR for Veeam
SECTION 3: RESTORE A ENTIRE VM
In Section 3, you will restore your VM. The restore process will allow you to select the virtual machines you wish to restore, the desired restore points, target host, storage, and networking options.
- To begin, click the Restore button on the top ribbon.
- Select Entire VM in the Restore from backup list and click Next.
- On the Full VM Restore page, click Add VM and select From Backup in the drop- down list.
- In the Backups Browser, select your virtual machine below the Backup Copy Job option; then, click Add.
- The wizard will automatically select the most recent restore point. If you wish to use a different restore point, click the Point button on the right. Otherwise, Click Next.
- Select Restore to a new location, or with different settings AND check the box for Restore VM tags; then, click Next.
- Click Host… to select your host server.
- Select your host server (IP address) below the Hosts option; then, click OK.
- Click Next to accept the selected host server.
- Click Next to accept the default Resource Pool.
- If you wish to change the storage location for your VM files, click Datastore.
You can also adjust the provisioning style of the disks (Thin/Thick) by clicking the Disk Type button. Otherwise, click Next.
- Click Next to accept the default root folder for storing the virtual machine.
- Select the VM and click Network.
14. Select the network you would like this VM to be attached to; then, click OK.
15. Click Next to continue.
NOTE: If your VM has multiple network adapters you may configure each one to point to the desired network. Example: NIC1 -> Internal-LAN; NIC2 -> WAN-DMZ
16. Click Next to continue.
- Review the summary and ensure all the selections are correct. Once you have confirmed the selections are correct, click Finish to begin the restore.
This completes Section 3 in which you restored your entire VM. Next, access the VMware Host in Section #4.
At eFolder, we value feedback from our customers. Not only do we want to help you quickly resolve your technical issues, but we value your input and build products that incorporate your suggestions. To contact eFolder Technical Support, call 720-204-4500 or 800-352-0248 or submit questions to VeeamSupport@eFolder.net.
For known problem resolutions, open a browser and navigate to:
Veeam Support: https://www.veeam.com/support.html
eFolder Support: https://support.efolder.net/hc/en-us