Return to the VMware Continuity Cloud Guide - Axcient BDR for Veeam
SECTION 2: IMPORT AND DECRYPT THE BACKUP COPY JOB
In Section 2, you will import and decrypt your backup copy job. This is done through Veeam Backup & Replication installed on your assigned VMware recovery environment.
- Log into the VMware recovery environment using the same steps at the beginning of Section #1.
- Click the Backup & Replication tab on the left and select the Jobs option; then, click Import Backup on the menu bar.
- Click Browse.
- Enter the path to the X volume on your Axcient Veeam Cloud Target in the address bar using the following format: \\<vault name>.aa.sc.efscloud.net\x$
- When prompted, enter your AD credentials. Example: AD\Testpartner
NOTE: These are the same credentials us would use to log into the Axcient Veeam cloud console to manage your tenants.
- Browse to the location of the backup job you wish to import. Select the VBM file and click Open.
- Click OK.
- You will be prompted for credentials once more. Click Add.
- Enter your AD username and Click OK.
- Click OK again to start the import. Your backup job should now be listed in Backups under the Encrypted section.
- Select the Encrypted option below Backups; then, select your backup copy job and click Specify Password on the menu bar.
- Enter the encryption key associated with the Backup Copy Job and click OK.
This completes Section 2. Your backup copy job has been imported and should now be listed under Backups in the Disk (imported) section. Next, proceed to Section 3 to restore your entire VM.
At Axcient, we value feedback from our customers. Not only do we want to help you quickly resolve your technical issues, but we value your input and build products that incorporate your suggestions. To contact Axcient Technical Support, call 720-204-4500 or 800-352-0248 or submit questions to https://axcient.com/partner-support/