Return to the VMware Continuity Cloud Guide - eFolder BDR for Veeam
SECTION 1: SETUP THE AXCIENT CONTINUITY CLOUD
In Section 1, you will configure Veeam Backup & Replication to use your assigned VMware Continuity Cloud host. You will begin by logging into the VMware recovery environment that is provisioned for your account.
- To access the console of your assigned recovery VM, use a Windows web browser to access:
- Then, type the original credentials you received from Axcient for your Veeam (Example: AD\Testpartner)
After you sign in to the RD Web Access gateway, click the icon for the recovery environment VM. (Example: slc-ve-re1)
- Click OK to continue
- Click Connect to continue.
- Type the same credentials you used to sign in previously to the RD Web Access Gateway; then, click OK.
7. Click Connect to launch the console.
8. Select the Backup Infrastructure tab and select the Managed servers option.
Then, click Add Server on the menu bar.
- Select VMware vSphere from the list of servers.
- Type the private IP address of your Continuity Cloud node and a description in their respective fields; then, click
NOTE: The IP address is provided by Axcient when the node is provisioned. Alternatively, it can be found within the console of the VMware Host.
- Click Add to type in your credentials.
- Type the username and password received from Axcient in their respective fields; then, click OK.
For example: continuitycloud
- The credentials will be shown on the drop-down Now click Next.
- A Security Warning is displayed. Click Connect.
- Review the Summary to confirm that the VMware server was successfully created; then, click Finish.
This completes Section 1 in which you configured Veeam Backup & Replication to use your assigned VMware Continuity Cloud Server. Next, import and decrypt your backup copy job in Section 2.
At Axcient , we value feedback from our customers. Not only do we want to help you quickly resolve your technical issues, but we value your input and build products that incorporate your suggestions. To contact Axcient Technical Support, call 720-204-4500 or 800-352-0248 or submit questions to VeeamSupport@eFolder.net.
For known problem resolutions, open a browser and navigate to:
Veeam Support: https://www.veeam.com/support.html
eFolder Support: https://support.efolder.net/hc/en-us