Replibit Release Information
03/27/2018 - 04/10/2018
From Tuesday, March 27th, 2018 (03/27/2018) through Tuesday, April 10th, 2018 (04/10/2018), eFolder will release an update to Replibit Appliances, Vaults, and Global Management Portals (GMPs). The main purpose of the release is to enhance GMP health reporting and provide an improved seeding, replication, and vault-recovery experience.
- Partners need to ensure that appliances have outbound TCP access on port 9081 and vaults can receive TCP connections on port 9081 (only third-party firewalls need to be updated).
Global Management Portal (GMP) Reporting Module
- The new reporting module provides a detailed overview of the health of local-backups and cloud-replication for all devices and supporting system statistics.
- Health Check provides a global overview of all Protected systems in one single pane.
- Trouble Check allows to view any active issues associated with the vaults, appliances, or protected systems in a single dashboard.
- Detailed reports on active issues for investigation and root-cause analysis.
- Storage Management provides a graphical representation of historical storage utilization.
- Faster seed generation using a new compression + encryption algorithm.
- Significantly improved seed consumption with a 2x increase in consumption speed.
- Seed data is directly ingested and no longer blocks ingestion of other pending snapshots on the vault.
- Ingesting seed data no longer requires any temporary storage space.
New Replication Engine
- Faster network transmission using HTTPS and lower disk IOPs compared to previous engine.
- This will be rolled out seamlessly in stages to all partners.
Vault->Appliance Recovery Engine
- A brand new and re-architected vault->appliance recovery engine.
- Easy-to-use mechanism to recover all protected systems to a replacement appliance.
- Multiple recovery mechanisms over USB + network with data encryption in transit and at rest.
- Allows partners to continue incremental backups and replication after a successful recovery.
- After volume size changes, incremental backups can now continue without manual intervention.
- Web GUI will show a status message when the appliance/vault/GMP is rebooting instead of an empty page.
Bug Fixes (general)
- Improved alerts in ConnectWise integration.
- Web-based SSH access will allow successful login after a hostname change.
- The GMP will now reflect the backup status sorted by ‘last backup time.’
- Improved reliability and resiliency for VM exports and virtualization.
- More resilient GMP collection of system statistics and backup health.
- Other minor bug fixes.
Please contact eFolder support or your account manager with any questions or concerns.
The eFolder Team