Instructions for the MSP/Reseller: The deprovisioning a Quest Cloud core requires two tasks, done in this order:
- Cloud data removal and replication relationship removal, and
- Target core deletion.
Task 1: Remove Cloud Data and Replication Relationship
Per the HIPAA agreement, the eFolder team is not authorized to destroy cloud data. To remove data from a target core, please take the following steps:
- Log in to the target core as you normally would with the credentials we provided you. A sample target core name is (https://corename.aa.sc.efscloud.net:8006)
- Click on the replication tab and select the core you wish to remove. Locate the sprocket at the far-right side of the lower screen:
Sprocket dropdown provides the Delete option-->
When you click the delete button, a new pop up box will ask if you want to delete existing recovery points. Put a check in the box on the left and then click YES. This removes data and the replication relationship.
Important Note. If you click YES without checkmarking the box, the replication relationship is removed but NONE of the data is removed.
If this mistake happens, look for the section on the left side of the GUI called Recovery Points Only. Click on the three dots next to each agent and choose, “x Remove Recovery Points”.
Task 2: Submit a Request for the Target Core to be Deleted
Once the cloud data has been deleted and the replication relationship is removed, go to http://www.efolder.net/help
- Click on “Submit a request” in the top right hand corner,
- Select “Quest/Rapid Recovery/Appassure” from the product dropdown menu and
- Submit a request for the target core to be deleted.
Our team will verify that all data from the target core has been successfully deleted, process your request and notify you through a ticket once it’s been completed.