This knowledgeable article will provide procedures on how to remove a Veeam Cloud Connect Tenant, and any associated data from the Axcient Cloud. The following methods will be explained below: Removing tenants and data from the clients’ local Veeam Environment, and removing Tenants and data from the Axcient Veeam Cloud console. Please follow the steps for the scenario that best matches your current needs.
- For example, if you still have access to your clients’ local Veeam environment, complete the steps in Section 1 below.
- If you do not have access to your clients’ local Veeam environment, complete the steps in Section 2 to remove the Veeam tenants and associated data from the eFolder Cloud.
IMPORTANT NOTE: To cease the billing process*, you must fully complete either of the following procedures based on your specific circumstance.
*Billing will continue as long as there is backup data on the Axcient Cloud Vault! Therefore, it is very important to fully complete one of these two procedures based on your situation to end all billing cycles and avoid charges.
Section 1: Removing Tenants and Data from the Clients' Local Veeam Environment
- Connect to your clients’ Veeam server and launch the VEEAM BACKUP AND REPLICATION CONSOLE window.
- Navigate to Backup Copy.
- Select the Backup Copy Job(s) you wish to remove and click the Disable button in the top menu bar. Wait for the job status to change to Stopped.
4. Click the Delete button to remove the copy job.
5. Click the Yes button from the Confirm Deletion window.
WARNING: If you are removing a tenant but are required to retain the data that is backed up in the Axcient cloud for a period of time due to data retention policies, please skip to step 9.
- Clicking Yes will permanently delete all data associated with this job from the Axcient cloud. If you do not want to delete the data, click No and proceed to step 9.
6. In the left-side menu pane, go to Backups > Cloud.
7. Right-Click on the backup copy job you want to delete from the list, and select, Delete from disk.
8. Click the check-box for “Include archived full backups,” and click the Yes button to permanently delete the data for the selected copy job.
Again, this will permanently delete all data associated with this job from the eFolder Cloud.
9. Go to the BACKUP INFRASTRUCTURE from the left-hand menu pane, section and click on Service Providers.
10. Select the Service Provider in the right pane, and click the Remove Service Provider button in the top menu bar.
11. Log into the eFolder Veeam Cloud console the tenant is configured on.
12. From the CLOUD CONNECT section, select Tenants.
13. Select the Tenant you would like to remove and click the Delete button from the top menu bar.
14. Click the Yes button.
This completes this section on removing Veeam tenants and data from the eFolder cloud when access to the clients’ environment is still available.
The next section will show how to remove Veeam tenants and data when access to the clients’ local Veeam environment is no longer available.
Section 2: Removing Tenants and Data from the eFolder Veeam Cloud Console
Please follow these steps if you no longer have access to the clients’ local Veeam environment.
- Log into the eFolder Remote App Gateway and launch the Veeam console that contains the Tenant you want to remove.
- Navigate to the Cloud Connect section.
- Select the Tenant you want to remove, and click the Delete button in the top menu bar.
4. Click the Yes button.
NOTE: This will only remove the tenant object.
- All associated data will remain on the disk until the following steps are completed.
- If you would like to keep the clients’ backup data for a period of time due to your data retention policies, stop here.
- Do not proceed further until you are ready to delete the data from the eFolder Cloud.
5. When ready, click on the Files menu. This will either be a large menu option or a small icon below the large menu options as shown below.
6. Browse to the X:\Backup folder on the left hand menu pane, and select the Tenant folder you want to remove the data for.
7. Either select the folder for the backup copy job you want to delete, or select the Tenant folder if you want to delete all associated job data.
WARNING: The deletion process is permanent. Any deleted data cannot be recovered.
Click the Delete button in the top menu bar.
NOTE: DO NOT use this to delete recovery points in active backup jobs as that may cause the incremental chain to corrupt.
This concludes the guide on how to remove Veeam Tenants and associated data from the eFolder Cloud.
If you have any questions about this process please reach out to Axcient Veeam Support at 800-352-0248 Option 2, or submit a ticket at https://axcient.com/partner-support/