Instructions for the MSP/Reseller
Deprovisioning a ShadowProtect Cloud account (not SP Legacy account) requires three tasks done in this order:
- Data deletion
- License key deactivation
- Portal account removal
Task 1: Delete Data
Before removing a SP Cloud account from the portal, its data must be deleted. Data deletion is the physical destruction of data/data files and the removal of data from the cloud vault.
To remove data from the SP Cloud account:
- Log in to the ShadowProtect Cloud Vault with an FTP (File Transfer Protocol) client, using the same account information as was used for setting up ImageManager replication.
- Proceed with FTP command(s) to delete/remove the account data files from the cloud vault.
Task 2: Deactivate License Key
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the MSP license key serial numbers to be deactivated.
- This will open a support ticket.
In response, we will then
- Verify the account license key;
- Send the ticket to our Customer Service, who will deactivate the key;
- Manually update your eFolder Backup Portal activation count;
- Provide you with an email confirmation that these steps have been completed.
Reminder: Removing the SP Cloud account from the portal does NOT automatically remove the data from the cloud vault.
To delete a customer account, log in to the eFolder Web Portal:
- Under the Accounts menu, select Account Center (Visual View).
- Locate the specific customer account you wish to delete and click the checkbox in the left column to select that account.
- Right click on the account to be deleted to display the submenu tools.
- Click Delete from within the submenu tools to delete this customer account.