An organization that uses Cloudfinder may, on occasion, need to change the domain name of their SaaS service provider (such as Microsoft Office 365). Here are steps to change a domain name; for example, change old domain harryMSP.com to new domain joeReseller.com.
In Microsoft Office 365
- Log in to your Office 365 account.
- Update the old domain name (harryMSP.com) to the new domain name (joeReseller.com).
- Ensure that the administrator's O365 credentials are accurate with the new username, password.
Then, in Cloudfinder
- Log in to your Cloudfinder account.
- Add a new Office 365 service to the existing organization.
- Sign up the new domain as a new service provider and select any or all users for backup. Cloudfinder will now use the new admin credentials for the backup.
- Contact your eFolder Cloudfinder Account Manager to inform of these changes.
By following these steps, you can avoid duplication of the names of those being backed up in Cloudfinder (and avoid being charged with additional license use fees).