Manage files on the replicated target
Access to remote replication is available using
- ImageManager via RDWeb
- an FTP client (such as FileZilla)
Access to Remote Replication: Using RDWeb
1. Log in with the AD credential provided to you via an email from eFolder Support.
2. After you successfully login to the Application Gateway, you will see a list of Remote Apps and Desktops you are currently assigned. Note: Depending on the service offerings you receive from eFolder, you may have more than one choice. Most partners will only have one ImageManager target to select, but if you happen to have more than one, insure you are selecting the one you wish to manage.
3. Start ImageManager for your replication targets only.
4. Click on the target you wish to manage.
The Remote Application Link will download manage. To access the eFolder BDR for ShadowProtect cloud with an SFTP client, you need to use the customer Web Portal credentials used to send the data to the cloud. This would be the same credentials used in the local instance of ImageManager at the customer site. Note: See Step 8 in the section titled “Set Up A Replication Location”.
5. Run the Remote Application Link to open ImageManager on the target.
6. You can now setup the remote retention and processing time.
NOTE: We recommend that you keep a minimum of 12 months collapsed rollups in the cloud.
Access to Remote Replication: Using an FTP Client
Alternatively, you can manage your backups on the replication target with a FTP client.
- We recommend FileZilla , but any FTP client which can interface with SSH will work.
- You can use your chosen FTP client to copy or delete data to and from the replication target.
Note: Use your eFolder customer credentials to login and set your FTP connection settings.
Authenticating the FTP Client with eFolder
Log on with the same username and ID you use in the eFolder portal and in ImageManager to replicate.