Begin a replicaton job
1. Using the main ImageManager window, right click on the volume you wish to replicate.
2. Select Create Job and then Replication. Only the advanced options that you have licensed will be displayed.
The Name field auto populates with Replicate backup images of [folder name].
This setting can be changed, if you wish to use a different name.
3. From the dropdown Type field, select intelligentFTP.
4. From the dropdown Location field, select the location entered in the previous step.
5. If you wish to override the global throttling option, you can do so here, using the Override global throttling checkbox.
6. Check the Don’t Replicate Base image files checkbox, if you wish to preload the Base Image to Axcient.
Note: If you want the Base Image to replicate over iFTP, then leave this check box empty.
7. Check the box to Start replicating incremental backup images immediately.
This will produce a warning, as shown below. Click OK to bypass this warning.
8. Next, click on the Replication Mode tab and select Yes – Replicate only consolidated daily image files.
Note: This replication job will be sending the backups to a compute node running ImageManager 7 within the Axcient Cloud. It is only necessary to send the consolidated daily image files, as the remote ImageManager will be managing the backup chain in the cloud. Consolidated Weekly, Monthly and the Consolidated Rolling files will all be created in the cloud..
9. Replication will start immediately, sending (a) any daily collapse images in the folder, as well as (b) the base image (if you unchecked the Don’t Replicate Base image files checkbox box in the previous steps.)
At this point, you can add other replication jobs.