Settings: Processing Time and Global Retention
After installing ImageManager 7, set up processing time and global retention.
1. On the left hand side menu, select Agent Settings:
Note: Select 12:05 AM as the time to run processing each day, (as shown) because ImageManager processes the chain a day behind.
2. Next, set Global Retention using eFolder’s recommended minimum settings shown below:
Settings: Add a new Backup Store
Now, add a new “backup store” to manage subfolders. All new subfolders within the new backup store will populate automatically. Right click in the main pane to start managing, or click the yellow folder icon with the green plus, in the top right corner.
Navigate the folder path to the folder (backup store) you wish to manage and click Select.
The Backup Store is the parent folder and all subfolders will automatically be managed.
In the example below, we selected VolumeImages as the backup store to be managed.
4. Make sure that the Folder Type selected is Backup Store. Click Save to save your selection.
The new backup store now automatically populates all subfolders for the individual backups.
The global retention settings configured earlier are applied automatically to all subfolders in this backup store.
Configuring Replication to the eFolder Cloud
Set Up a Replication Location
1. Return to ImageManager. On the navigation panel on the left side of the screen, click on Agent Settings, then Locations.
2. From the Type dropdown, select intelligentFTP.
3. Type in the Name you wish to use to identify the location. Note: We recommend using the same name as the Location Path. In this example, we used sp-test1.efscloud.net:37037.
4. Enter the following Path: sp-test1.efscloud.net:37037.
Note: We use port 37037 for all iFTP connections to our cloud.
5. Select SSH as the Security setting.
6. Leave Block Size at the default of _65536
7. Change the Mode to Passive.
You can select Active or Passive, based on the destination's firewall configuration. An FTP connection made in Active Mode may appear to the destination firewall as if the sender is trying to initiate a connection directly to one of its internal clients. Typically, firewalls will block this type of connection. Making an FTP connection in Passive mode can avoid this problem.
8. Check the selection This location requires authentication and enter the username and password that you set up on the partner portal. The eFolder cloud is a multi-tenant offering, where each customer’s data is kept separate, based on that customer’s account number. So, you must check the selection This location requires authentication and enter the eFolder customer credentials for EACH customer being set up for replication.
To learn more about how to configure a portal account please see Create an Account.
9. Finally, click Save to keep these location settings.