Inaccessibility When Attempting Backup
When MS Office 365 cannot be accessed as a backup attempt begins, an automated alert is emailed (similar to this email):
Why: Typical reasons that Office 365 service cannot be accessed include
- Change in credentials,
- Expiration of credentials,
- Change in API access rights,
- Office 365 connectivity issues.
Who: Inaccessibility alerts are emailed to the
- Cloudfinder administrator;
- Anyone specified in the "Warnings & Notifications" section in organization settings; and the
- Associated partner (MSP/reseller), unless they have opted out of these emails in their settings.
Cloudfinder features continue to increase. A more robust notification system will enhance the user experience. New email alerts are being designed and planned and may include
- Email alerts for 'events' depending on level (critical/warning/info) that can be defined and configured by a customer;
- Intelligent failure-detection, which skips transient errors and avoids false positives;
- Aggregate reports (daily/weekly/monthly).