This article covers the minimum steps needed to send ShadowProtect data offsite to the eFolder cloud (for partners who are transitioning from StorageCraft cloud to the Axcient cloud.)
The following videos cover all of the information provided in this document:
- Create an account using the New Account Wizard [7 minutes]
- Create an account using the Create Account Page: [3 minutes]
- How to provision ShadowProtect MSP license keys: [2 minutes]
1. A new account must be created for every Shadowprotect BDR (site) that will be sent to Axcient.
- Login to https://backup.securewebportal.net/app/ . Select Accounts | Create Account.
- Fill out the required starred fields. If you are managing this offsite account for your customer, the name, address and other information can be your MSP information.
NOTE: The account username and password are used with the eFolder software that will be downloaded and installed at your customer’s site. Therefore, the username should be indicative of the customer site. (For example, the username could be admin.CustomerName).
Be sure to choose BDR for Shadowprotect as the Service Plan.
2. Once the new account is created, a new ShadowProtect license must be provisioned.
a) Select Accounts | Accounts Center.
b) Right click on the account which you just created for this customer.
c) Select Service Plan | Provision License Keys.
d) Enter the number of license keys needed.
e) Choose MSP ShadowProtect Key (or ShadowProtect Desktop (MSP).
f) Click Submit.
g) Make note of your MSP ShadowProtect Key(s).
3. Download, install and configure Axcient Online Backup manager at your customer site.
a) Login to https://backup.securewebportal.net/app/
b) At your customer’s site, from a machine that can browse to your ShadowProtect backup Destination, select Support | Download Software.
c) Install the software.
d) Launch the Online Backup Manager and login using the customer account created above.
e) Click on My Account.
f) Enter Account Credentials and click Set Pass Phrase.
Due to compliance requirements, Axcient can only accept encrypted data
Note: For new accounts, the button will appear as Set Pass Phrase.
g) Once the pass phrase is set, click Test Connection. The account will be verified.
h. Select Folders | Add | Add Folder
i. Select Browse button in red below to navigate to your ShadowProtect image directory, then click OK and Save.
j. Click Schedule and set your desired schedule.
4. Launch ShadowProtect and edit your backup job(s).
Backups must be password protected. Due to compliance, requirements Axcient can only accept encrypted data.
IMPORTANT: You must keep daily image files (-cd) for at least 35 days (This setting must not be less than 35).
a) Login to your msp.storagecraft.com account.
b) Deactivate all licenses which you are moving to Axcient .
c) Launch ShadowProtect.
d) Select Help | Register.
e) Enter the ShadowProtect license that you provisioned and noted from above.