This Solution Guide will walk you step-by-step through the process of implementing your customer’s StorageCraft ShadowProtect software with Axcient BDR for ShadowProtect’s cloud services.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
To complete implementation for your customer, you will:
- Assess the backup requirements of your customer.
- Provision Axcient accounts for computers that will be backing up data remotely.
- Install ShadowProtect on those computers requiring volume-level backups.
- Prepare and configure ShadowProtect to perform volume backups of OS and critical server applications.
This Solution Guide will also briefly discuss how to
- Add managed computers to the ShadowProtect console
- Connect and manage computers once they are on the ShadowProtect console
- Create a new backup job
- Configure ShadowProtect ImageManager
- Monitor ShadowProtect images using Axcient’s Online Backup Manager
- Monitor customer activity using reporting and notification email
- Restore, migrate, or virtualize servers
- Restore individual files
- Recover from a disaster
Axcient Partners who activated Axcient ShadowProtect MSP licenses prior to June 1, 2016:
If you prefer to backup ShadowProtect images using the legacy Online Backup Manager, please review the BDR for ShadowProtect User Guide for more information.
- Axcient no longer facilitates purchases of StorageCraft (SPX or ShadowProtect) licenses
- Axcient no longer provides bundled services that include the cost of the local licensing for StorageCraft products.
- If you have additional questions, please contact us at Support.