This Solution Guide will walk you step-by-step through the process of implementing your customer’s StorageCraft ShadowProtect software with eFolder BDR for ShadowProtect’s cloud services.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
To complete implementation for your customer, you will:
- Assess the backup requirements of your customer.
- Provision eFolder accounts for computers that will be backing up data remotely.
- Install ShadowProtect on those computers requiring volume-level backups.
- Prepare and configure ShadowProtect to perform volume backups of OS and critical server applications.
This Solution Guide will also briefly discuss how to
- Add managed computers to the ShadowProtect console
- Connect and manage computers once they are on the ShadowProtect console
- Create a new backup job
- Configure ShadowProtect ImageManager
- Monitor ShadowProtect images using eFolder’s Online Backup Manager
- Monitor customer activity using reporting and notification email
- Restore, migrate, or virtualize servers
- Restore individual files
- Recover from a disaster
eFolder Partners who activated eFolder ShadowProtect MSP licenses prior to June 1, 2016: If you prefer to backup ShadowProtect images using the legacy eFolder Backup Manager, please review the eFolder BDR for ShadowProtect User Guide [Sept 2015] for more information.
- If you need information about buying and activating a new ShadowProtect license, please contact your eFolder Account Manager.
- If you have additional questions, wish to deviate from these guidelines, or have a different version of ShadowProtect, please contact us at email@example.com