What is StorageCraft ImageManager?
StorageCraft ImageManager is the software interface used to schedule and maintain the files and storage space used by ShadowProtect. As of June 1, 2016 ImageManager 7 has been integrated into the eFolder cloud.
- Warning: Run the installation as a Windows administrator to prevent losing settings from previous installations. (Right click on the ImageManagerSetup.exe file then select Run as administrator.)
- NOTE: You Must have .NET 3.5 SP 1 installed prior to installation [Download here:]
1. Select the language and then click Next.
2. Click Next on the ImageManager Wizard Welcome page.
3. Accept the EULA and follow the steps in the Installation Wizard to install the ImageManager software.
4. Click Finish when the installation is complete.
5. Reboot the computer to ensure all drives load properly.
6. Click Start > Programs > StorageCraft > StorageCraft ImageManager to launch ImageManager.
Settings: Processing Time and Global Retention
After installing ImageManager 7, set up processing time and global retention.
1. On the left hand side menu, select Agent Settings:
Note: Select 12:05 AM as the time to run processing each day, (as shown) because ImageManager only processes images from the previous business day, which it sees as ending at 12:00 AM. This setting ensures data is collapsed as quickly as possible.
2. Next, set Global Retention using Axcient’s recommended minimum settings shown below:
Settings: Add a new Backup Store
Now, add a new “backup store” to manage subfolders. All new subfolders within the new backup store will populate automatically. Right click in the main pane to start managing, or click the yellow folder icon with the green plus, in the top right corner.
Navigate the folder path to the folder (backup store) you wish to manage and click Select.
The Backup Store is the parent folder and all subfolders will automatically be managed.
In the example below, we selected VolumeImages as the backup store to be managed.
4. Make sure that the Folder Type selected is Backup Store. Click Save to save your selection.
The new backup store now automatically populates all subfolders for the individual backups.
The global retention settings configured earlier are applied automatically to all subfolders in this backup store.
Configuring Replication to the Axcient Cloud
Set Up a Replication Location
- Return to ImageManager. On the navigation panel on the left side of the screen, click on Agent Settings, then Locations.
- From the Type dropdown, select intelligentFTP.
- Type in the Name you wish to use to identify the location. Note: We recommend using the same name as the Location Path. In this example, we used sp-vaultname.
- Enter the following path: sp-vaultname.efscloud.net:37036, where 'vaultname' is the eFolder vault you are replicating into.
- Note: We use port 37036 for all iFTP connections to our cloud.
- Select SSL as Security.
6. Leave Block Size at the default of _65536
7. Leave the Mode set to Passive.
8. Check the selection This location requires authentication and enter the Customer's username and password that you set up on the partner portal. The eFolder cloud is a multi-tenant offering, where each customer’s data is kept separate, based on that customer’s account number.
To learn more about how to configure a portal account please see Create an Account.
9. Finally, click Save to keep these location settings.
Begin a replicaton job
1. Using the main ImageManager window, right click on the volume you wish to replicate.
2. Select Create Job and then Replication. Only the advanced options that you have licensed will be displayed.
The Name field auto populates with Replicate backup images of [folder name].
This setting can be changed, if you wish to use a different name.
3. From the dropdown Type field, select intelligentFTP.
4. From the dropdown Location field, select the location entered in the previous step.
5. If you wish to override the global throttling option, you can do so here, using the Override global throttling checkbox.
6. If you wish to preload the Base Image to Axcient, check the Don’t replicate Base image files checkbox. Note: If you want the Base Image to replicate over iFTP, then leave this check box empty.
7. Check the box to Start replicating incremental backup images immediately.
This will produce a warning, as shown below. Click OK to bypass this warning.
8. Next, click on the Replication Mode tab and select Yes – Replicate only consolidated daily image files.
Note: This replication job will be sending the backups to a compute node running ImageManager 7 within the Axcient Cloud. It is only necessary to send the consolidated daily image files, as the remote ImageManager will be managing the backup chain in the cloud. Consolidated Weekly, Monthly and the Consolidated Rolling files will all be created in the cloud.
9. Replication will start immediately, sending any daily collapse images in the folder.
The base image will be sent as well, if you unchecked the Don’t Replicate Base image files checkbox box in the previous steps.
At this point, you can add other replication jobs.
Managing files and folders on the replicated target
Access to remote replication is available using
- ImageManager via RDWeb
- an FTP client (such as WinSCP)
Access to Remote Replication: Using RDWeb
1. Log in with the AD credential provided to you via an email from Axcient Support.
After you successfully login to the Application Gateway, you will see a list of Remote Apps and Desktops you are currently assigned. Note: Depending on the service offerings you receive from eFolder, you may have more than one choice. Most partners will only have one ImageManager target to select, but if you happen to have more than one, insure you are selecting the one you wish to manage.
2. Start ImageManager for your replication targets only.
3. Click on the target you wish to manage.
4. The Remote Application Link will download manage. To access the Axcient BDR for ShadowProtect cloud with an SFTP client, you need to use the customer Web Portal credentials used to send the data to the cloud. This would be the same credentials used in the local instance of ImageManager at the customer site. Note: See Step 8 in the section titled “Set Up A Replication Location”.
5. Run the Remote Application Link to open ImageManager on the target.
6. You can now setup the remote retention and processing time.
NOTE: We recommend that you keep a minimum of 12 months collapsed rollups in the cloud.
Access to Remote Replication: Using an FTP Client
Alternatively, you can manage your backups on the replication target with a FTP client.
We recommend WinSCP, but any FTP client which can interface with SSL will work.
You can use your chosen FTP client to copy or delete data to and from the replication target.
Note: You must use the Axcient customer credentials specific to each customer to login and set your FTP connection settings for that customer. Each customer must be done individually.
Authenticating the FTP Client with eFolder
Log on with the same username and ID you use in the Axcient portal and in ImageManager to replicate.
For specific questions about this Axcient product, please contact us directly:
- Submit all eFolder questions to your Account Manager
- Submit all technical issues to Axcient Support
- Call us at 800-352-0248
- Browse our Knowledgebase
Copyright © 2019 eFolder Inc. All rights reserved. eFolder, Inc. is the sole author of this document; use of the StorageCraft and ShadowProtect trademarks does not imply official endorsement by StorageCraft Technology Corporation. eFolder and the eFolder logo are trademarks of eFolder Inc. StorageCraft, ShadowProtect, and their respective logos are a trademarks of StorageCraft Technology Corporation. eFOLDER AND STORAGECRAFT TECHNOLOGY MAKE NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, IN THIS DOCUMENT