Axcient partners who purchased ShadowProtect licenses prior to June 1st, 2016 have the option to migrate to the next-generation BDR for ShadowProtect cloud.
Please review and complete the steps below to start the process.
If you have additional questions, please contact the Axcient support team.
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
1. Convert from per-GB pricing to Axcient BDR for ShadowProtect per-protected-server pricing
- Partners must convert from paying for Axcient cloud storage on a per-GB basis to a per-protected machine basis.
- Cloud storage is bundled per MSP license (for partners with licenses prior to June 1, 2016) and per protected machine.
- Cloud storage is bundled with either 2TB per server or 200GB per desktop.
Many Axcient partners are already using per-protected-server (bundled) pricing, but others have not yet converted. To take advantage of our next-generation Axcient cloud, you must convert from per-GB to per-protected-server pricing. Contact your Axcient Account Manager for details at 800-352-0248.
2. Check your local ShadowProtect backup images for strong encryption (AES 256)
Notes: Previously, Axcient used proprietary Online Backup Manager (OBM) software to backup data from a local ShadowProtect BDR to the Axcient cloud. During the backup from local to cloud, the OBM provided strong encryption, allowing partners to use locally unencrypted ShadowProtect images while still encrypting in the Axcient cloud. Now that Axcient has fully integrated ImageManager into the Axcient cloud, data is now transferred using ImageManager iFTP instead of the OBM. Therefore, partners need to ensure that their local ShadowProtect images are fully encrypted before using ImageManager iFTP to replicate to the Axcient cloud.
3. Upgrade and install ImageManager v7
4. Replicate to the Axcient Cloud
a) Replicate your encrypted local ShadowProtect images using ImageManager v7 iFTP.
b) Axcient will provide a Cloud VM endpoint as your replication target.
c) Axcient Backup Portal Username + Password credentials are used to authenticate your iFTP replication target in the Axcient cloud.
d) Preloads may occur via sFTP (preferred) or shipped drive. Instructions here:
e) Repeat for each customer and machine replicated to the Axcient cloud.
Please contact Axcient support to request your dedicated VM within the Axcient cloud.
5. Stop OBM backup jobs and delete old backup data
Once your machines are fully replicated to the Axcient cloud, old Axcient backup jobs (within the OBM) can be stopped and data can be deleted. Contact us with questions about how to do this.