NOTE: WebSeed is the new way to seed your backup data to your Axcient Data Center.
For instructions on how to use Webseed with Replibit, review the Webseed Guide here:
If you do not have a WebSeed account, please create a new ticket with Axcient Tech Support.
How to preload (seed) Replibit data to a hard drive:
1. Log in to your local Replibit Appliance.
2. On the Management menu, click the Protected Systems tab.
3. On the Protected Systems page, locate the agent you are seeding in the Systems Name column and click the Details icon in the Actions column on the right.
4. Once the Protected Systems Details page has loaded, click the Replication button.
5. A new window appears.
Under VAULT SETTING, select the desired vault from the list.
(These vaults were previously defined in the Vault Settings tab.)
6. Select the desired Initial Snapshot.
It is best practice to scroll down and select the most recent Snapshot to use as the base image on the seed drive.
7. Click the checkbox in front of USB SEEDING then click the drop-down under USB SEEDING to select your connected USB drive.
8. Repeat steps 3-7 for each client backup you are seeding to your Replibit Cloud Vault. Seed images for multiple Protected Systems may be shipped on a single Seed Disk so long as the data will fit on the drive.
To monitor the seed creation job:
Select the Jobs tab on the Management menu and then select the Seeding tab.
A status indicator will appear in the Status column displaying the export progress.
A green check mark appears when processing is completed successfully, or a red X will be displayed if an error is encountered during the export process.
Why use a preload (seed) Drive?
If you have a large amount of data to initially backup for an account or the customer has limited bandwidth, you may want to streamline this process by creating a preload (seed) drive.
To help determine if this procedure may be necessary for you, please see this knowledge base article on estimating how long the initial backup job will take when sending data over the Internet.
We recommend using a preload (seed) drive any time you are backing up more than 100GB of data on a standard Internet connection.
Axcient offers a round-trip preloading (seeding) service, which includes everything required to properly preload (seed) your account. Depending on the shipping option you choose, it could take a few days to receive your drive, so we recommend starting the process as soon as possible.
- Please review How to Request a Preload Drive
- If you are ready to request your preload drive, please click Request a Preload (Seed) Drive.
Which Axcient older products can use preloading?
When you request your preload drive, you will receive customized instructions for your specific type of preload. Here are some general instructions for using preload drives for:
- Axcient Backup for Files
- Axcient BDR for Acronis
- Axcient BDR for AppAssure/Rapid Recovery
- Axcient BDR for ShadowProtect
- Axcient Backup for Veeam