How to preload (seed) Replibit data to a hard drive:
1. Log in to your local Replibit Appliance.
2. On the Management menu, click the Protected Systems tab.
3. On the Protected Systems page, locate the agent you are seeding in the Systems Name column and click the Seed icon in the Actions column on the right.
4. A new window appears asking for the location of your seed drive. Make sure your seed drive is connected and select the root directory as the storage location; then, click OK.
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 for each agent you are seeding to your Replibit Cloud Vault.
6. To monitor the seed creation job, select the Jobs tab on the Vaults Management menu and highlight the agent to display a percent status indicator. A green check mark appears when processing is completed.
Why use a preload (seed) Drive?
If you have a large amount of data to initially backup for an account, you may want to streamline this process by requesting a preload (seed) drive from us.
To help determine if this procedure may be necessary for you, please see this knowledge base article on estimating how long the initial backup job will take when sending data over the Internet.
We recommend using a preload (seed) drive any time you are backing up more than 100GB of data on a standard Internet connection.
eFolder offers a round-trip preloading (seeding) service, which includes everything required to properly preload (seed) your account. Depending on the shipping option you choose, it could take a few days to receive your drive, so we recommend starting the process as soon as possible.
- Please review How to Request a Preload Drive .
- If you are ready to request your preload drive, please click Request a Preload (Seed) Drive.
Which eFolder products can use preloading?
When you request your preload drive, you will receive customized instructions for your specific type of preload. Here are some general instructions for using preload drives for:
- eFolder Backup for Files
- eFolder BDR for Acronis
- eFolder BDR for AppAssure/Rapid Recovery
- eFolder BDR for ShadowProtect
- eFolder Backup for Veeam