Conversion to an automatically created virtual machine
This section describes the conversion methods in which Acronis Backup & Recovery 11.5 automatically creates a new virtual machine:
- During conversion which is part of a backup plan, the software creates the virtual machine in addition to creating the backup. The virtual machine has the same configuration as the original machine.
- During recovery to the "New virtual machine" destination, the software creates the virtual machine from a backup you already have. You can change the configuration of the virtual machine.
Depending on the agent that performs the conversion, Acronis Backup & Recovery 11.5 can create a virtual machine of any of these formats:
Agent for Windows, Agent for Linux
- VMware Workstation
- Microsoft Virtual PC (includes Windows Virtual PC)
- Citrix XenServer OVA (only during recovery to the "New virtual machine" destination)
- Kernel-based Virtual Machine
- Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization (RAW format)
Agent for ESX(i)
- VMware ESX(i)
Agent for Hyper-V
- Microsoft Hyper-V