Urgent Anchor Service Advisory
Partners with Anchor desktop clients between versions 220.127.116.111 through 18.104.22.1680 are strongly advised to upgrade to the latest 22.214.171.1243 version to avoid slow performance, unexpected sync collisions, or improper sync behavior under certain conditions.
Only desktop clients on versions 126.96.36.1991 through 188.8.131.520 are affected. Desktop clients on versions prior to 2.5.0 are not affected.
- Affected desktop clients can cause unexpected collisions, stop syncing, or sync improper versions under certain rare race conditions.
- Affected desktop clients can, in certain cases, mishandle desktop client re-registration.
- Affected desktop clients that are in a resyncing state rebuild their local sync state database; in these builds, this operation is very slow if you have hundreds of thousands of files or dozens of roots on a machine.
Please refer to the Anchor version 184.108.40.2063 release notes for additional information.
Anchor version 2.5.0 introduced a substantially enhanced sync engine that delivers near-instant sync of metadata (file/folder renames, deletes, etc.), and dramatically faster sync performance by concurrently synchronizing many files at the same time. The sync engine also has separate sync queues for small files and large files, ensuring that small files are always up to date, even when very large files are synchronizing. In some cases, this increased level of parallelism in the sync operations caused conditions that led to the symptoms described above.
Anchor version 220.127.116.113 was released on Friday May 13, 2016 and fixes these issues. Please follow these steps:
- If you are a SaaS Anchor user, desktop clients will automatically update to version 18.104.22.1683 in most instances. If you are a private cloud Anchor user, first update your private Anchor server(s) to the new version. Desktop clients will then begin to automatically upgrade to the new build.
- Reference the Checking the Anchor Desktop Client Version Knowledgebase article to help you quickly find and update out-of-date desktop clients.
- If necessary, help end users resolve collisions by referencing the Manually Resolving a File Sync Conflict Knowledgebase article.
If you continue to experience issues or have trouble upgrading desktop clients, please contact eFolder Support (www.efolder.net/help).
The eFolder Team