Before you run the Anchor Server Setup Wizard, it is important to plan your environment and ensure that your system meets all requirements.
|Hard Disk||350mb for installation||
1TB+ direct-attached hard disk
6gb/s transfer speed
7200+ RPM or SSD
|CPU||2Ghz single core||3Ghz quad-core|
Win 2008 Server
Win 2012 Server
Windows 2012 Server R2
Installing Anchor on a Windows Server
- Run the Anchor Server Setup Wizard as a local admin (not a domain admin) on your server.
- Click Next and accept the agreement.
- Choose the drive in which Anchor Server will be installed (the C: drive). Click Next.
- After the setup is complete, click Finish. You will be redirected to the web browser.
- On the web browser, click on the link Get a License Key.
Once you are registered at account.anchorworks.com, you will be able to create a new license.
IMPORTANT: Your Private Cloud license key can only be used once during registration. The original license key cannot be detached and re-provisioned. A new key must be requested for each registration.
- Click on the Licenses tab and then click on the Create New License button. Copy the license key and paste it into the space provided. Click Next.
- Enter your email, password, and full name. Your phone number is optional. Click Next.
- Enter the hostname or IP address so it will be embedded in the desktop client installation.
- To find your IP address:
- Go to the Accessories folder located in the Start Menu or find it using Windows Explorer.
- Open the command prompt and type ipconfig.
- Type in the host address (your IP address obtained from the command prompt).
The Persistent key is stored in the hard drive.
The Transient key is stored in memory. If the server ever goes down, you enter the password when you bring up the machine.
They are both used to encrypt your data. If you decide to select the Transient key mode, you must enter the password on each restart. Once you selected the key mode, click Next.
Note: Desktop clients will point to the IP address you specified.
Last updated: April 2015