Anchor currently does not support the syncing of live database files. Examples include:
- Lacerte Files
- Live Databases (.dbs)
- Microsoft Access Databases
- Quickbook Files
- .pst Files
Anchor does not support the syncing of live databases for the following reasons:
- We can't read live database files while they are open. While our scan will pick any changes up (runs every hour), many people never close these programs and are confused when no updates get sent up.
- Because of the above, simultaneous access can result in the creation of many collision files, which can become a nightmare for end-users to reconcile.
- Live databases create many temp files and manipulates it's primary files in ways that would require us to create special exclusions and pattern-matching algorithms. We had to do the same for Office and AutoCAD.
When working with database files, Anchor recommends:
- Keep live databases on your file server
- For users that need remote access to live database files, setup a terminal server that can access the file server
- You can use Axcient file-level backup to easily backup the live database file-level data
- Use Anchor for other parts of the file server to cloud-enable the other cloud data.
Currently live databases are not supported, however we are looking into supporting this in the future.
For more information on files and folders that will not sync, please reference the Excluded Folders and Extensions.