Apache HTTP Server Version 2.4 has recently been released, providing additional features and addressing security vulnerabilities. We highly recommend that all private cloud Anchor partners upgrade to this latest version of Apache HTTP Server. As part of our support process, the Apache Upgrade Wizard is available to download, and will assist you during this upgrade. This document describes the upgrade process from Apache HTTP Server version 2.2 to version 2.4 using Anchor’s Apache Upgrade Wizard.
Before running the Apache Upgrade Wizard, we recommend that you back up all configuration files, SSL certificates, and any other custom server modifications. Additionally, please be sure your required SSL certificates are located in the [target drive]:\Apache2.2\conf\ssl\ directory. For more information on SSL certificates, please refer to the article, Moving SSL Certificates from IIS to Apache.
- Launch the Apache Upgrade Wizard.
- Click the Next button in the Welcome screen.
- Click the Next button to start the upgrade process.
- When the installation process is complete, click the Finish button. Apache HTTP Server should now be upgraded to version 2.4.
IMPORTANT! If the Apache Upgrade Wizard does not complete as expected, please make a note of any error messages and capture screenshots when possible. Contact your sales engineer or our support team for additional help.
- Open Windows Server Services and review the Apache service name. Be sure the service name is listed as Apache, and the service description is listed as Apache/2.4.10.
IMPORTANT! If the Apache service is listed with a name other than Apache, and with a description other than Apache/2.4.10, please contact your sales engineer or our support team for additional help.
If the upgrade process does not complete as expected, please collect the following information and send your records to your sales engineer or our support team:
- Make a note of any error messages and capture screenshots when possible.
- Open the Anchor configuration file on your Anchor Server, which is located in the [target drive]:\Anchor Server\config\ directory. In the [componentdir] section of the config file, make a note of the Apache Server location.