Anchor version 2.2.0 Release
Network Shares, Rename Team Shares, Customizable Email Templates for Shares, 256-bit AES Encryption, and more
Release date: Week of December 8, 2014
*Agent version: 2.2.0
*Outlook Add-in version: 2.2.0
We’re excited to announce our newest release of Anchor, version 2.2.0, with a number of features, enhancements, and bug fixes that partners have been requesting. These additions include the following:
Support for network shares via File Server Enablement (mapped drives, UNC Paths, NAS/SAN, etc.).
Customizable Email Templates
File share emails can now be customized with short codes.
Rename Team Shares
Team Shares can now be renamed.
256-bit AES Encryption
There is now an option to enable 256-bit AES encryption. **Update in Anchor v2.2.1 -- 256-bit AES set as default; removed 448-bit Blowfish option**
- Disabled SSLv3 for agent and servers
- Added popup message when deleting organization and entering Privacy Mode
- Privacy mode improvements
- Fixed Outlook Plugin issue where having more than a thousand deleted files would cause Outlook to hang
- Update to API documentation
- Project recompiled in Visual Studio 2013 (QT 5 framework)
- All third party libraries have been updated with performance and stability improvements
- Build tools have also been updated, adding performance and stability improvements
- Auto-locking is supported for .odt and .ods files when opened with Microsoft Office
- Agent will now compress rotated logs
- Fixed high CPU usage on OS X machines
- Added support for Finder sync extensions in Yosemite
- Admins can now search Team Share names on the admin dashboard
- Fixed issue where file share options would not load
- Added organization policy to force the use of Secure Shares, which only applies to shares created through the web portal and agent
Dashboard and Web Portal
- Fixed issue where IE 10 & 11 would ask for credentials when selecting “Open” for MS Office files
- Fixed issue where user quota alerts were triggered incorrectly
- Changed error message when Active Directory account attempts to reset their password
- Fixed issue when downloading files that contained hash (#) symbol within name
- Fixed issue with timed file lock on the web portal
- Fixed issue when using the "Download as Zip" feature on folders larger than 2 GB
- Fixed issue where using the "Get Logs" button would result in a 404 error
- Added organization policy to deactivate API session tokens after a certain amount of time; this is a per-org policy, which does not inherit to child organizations
For more details, please navigate through the hyperlinks above to our knowledgebase articles on each of these features.
Please contact Axcient Support if you have any questions about these new features.