Anchor Version 2.3.3 Release
Collision and Collision Resolution Event Logs, Resizable Agent UI, and More!
Week of Monday, June 22, 2015
eFolder is pleased to announce Anchor Version 2.3.3, our latest release that includes a host of new features, improvements, and fixes.
New Features & Improvements
- Collision and Collision Resolution Event Logs—Logs and events related to collisions and collision resolutions now display in the Windows Event Viewer and the OS X Console utility. Optionally, RMM tools can be utilized to monitor these collision-related events.
- Resizable Agent UI—The agent Properties dialog box can now be resized, improving readability and ease of use.
- Agent UI DPI Awareness—In some instances, the Need User Action message and the agent Properties dialog box did not display correctly when DPI settings increased to 150%. This has been fixed, and both the Need User Action message and the agent Properties dialog box now display properly when DPI settings increase.
- Improvements to Underlying Branding—Numerous improvements have been made to underlying branding with file, program, and services properties.
- Show Activity By Filter Update—In some instances, the Show Activity By filter in the Activity Log tab did not show activity for certain users. This has been fixed, and the Show Activity By filter now displays correct information for all user accounts.
- OS X Connection Request Error Update—In some instances, OS X agents were experiencing a slow sync process and reporting connection issues. This issue has been fixed, and agents can now correctly sync.
- OS X Agent Crash Update—In some instances, OS X agents were crashing and reporting an error related to an open file limit. This has been fixed, and OS X agents no longer crash due to an open file limitation.
- Asynchronous AcceptEx Failed Apache Error Fix—Within certain private cloud environments, the Apache service was not terminating properly due to an Asynchronous AcceptEx error. This issue has been addressed, and services now terminate as expected.
- Users with Non-ASCII character(s) in their username would unregister the Agent when attempting to sync. Agents No Longer Unregister When Machine is Rebooting While Syncing—In some instances, an agent would unregister when a machine was rebooted during the sync process. This has been fixed, and agents no longer unexpectedly unregister.
- SaaS Branding Now Appears on Login Page—Previously, custom branding did not appear when users navigated to their specified hostname login page. This has been fixed, and appropriate branding now appears as expected on login pages.
- Fixed Permissions of Secure Shares with Groups—Users can now successfully upload files and delete files when Can Upload and Can Delete access is granted to the Group to which they are a member, and when that Group is subscribed to the Team Share.
- Max Users Policy Enforcement Fixed For Guests—Previously, administrators were able to convert guest accounts into standard accounts even if the maximum users policy was set and reached. This has been fixed, and now this policy is enforced for guest accounts.
- Branding of Daily Digest Emails Displays Properly—In some instances, depending on the email client, the logo contained in the HTML format of the Daily Digest Email would display incorrectly. This is fixed, and the logo will display properly, regardless of email client.
Please contact eFolder Support (www.efolder.net/help) if you have any questions.
The eFolder Team
eFolder Systems, LLC
2340 Perimeter Park Dr., Suite 100
Atlanta, GA 30341