This KB article shows you how to recover files and folders directly from your eFolder-hosted Acronis Storage Node. Please remember that the restore performance will not be as fast as a local restore; your site’s Internet speed will be the main determining factor. If you need to recover large amounts of data and/or you have a slow Internet speed, you should open a ticket with eFolder Support and request that the data be shipped to you on a drive.
The recovery is performed by opening the local Acronis Management Console and connecting directly to the agent system from which the data will be recovered (not the local AMS). Do this by performing the following steps:
- Open Backup plans and tasks in the local Acronis Management Console, select New, and then select Recovery Tasks.
- Click Select Data, then click Browse, and then click Storage nodes.
- In the Path section, enter the URL of your Acronis Storage Node. Click the green arrow. Enter the account information.
- Drill down and pick the vault which contains the backup data, then click OK.
- In the Data to Recover Selection screen, change the view to File Archive (located next to Show) and then click Refresh.
- Select the archive from which you want to recover the data.
- Select the destination to which you want to recover and store the data.
- When you are finished with the other options, click OK. The recovery job will run.
The only differences between the Online Recovery process described here and the normal Local Recovery process is (1) you connect directly to the agent machine and not the AMS, and (2) In step 3, where you choose the Storage Node, in a Local Recovery, you point to your local Acronis Storage Node for the data. In the Online Recovery process, you point to the eFolder hosted Acronis Storage Node.