Instructions describe configuring Acronis to notify you by e-mail. Set notifications for successful recovery task completion, failures or when user interaction in required.
Acronis can be set up to notify you by e-mail about backup and recovery task successful completion, failure or when user interaction in required.
Note: E-mail notifications are not available in Acronis Bootable Media.
If you need to set up an SMTP relay in your Microsoft Exchange Server 2007/Exchange 2010, you can do so as described in this Microsoft Exchange Team Blog: Allowing application servers to relay off Exchange Server 2007.
To set up default e-mail notifications:
To set up default e-mail notifications, go to Options -> Default backup and recovery options -> Default backup options / Default recovery options -> Notifications -> E-mail:
To set up default e-mail notifications for a specific task or backup plan:
- Go toBackup options (Restore options), press Change and select Notifications -> E-mail
- Select theSend e-mail notifications check box
- Enter the destination e-mail address in theE-mail address You can enter several e-mail addresses separated by semicolons;
- Enter the outgoing mail server (SMTP) in the Outgoing mail server (SMTP)field;
- Set the port of the outgoing mail server. By default the port is set to 25;
- If your SMTP server requires authentication, enterUser name and Password in the appropriate fields.
Note: If the SMTP server does not require authentication, leave the User name and Password fields blank. Otherwise, the program might be unable to send e-mail notifications. If you are not sure whether your SMTP server requires authentication, please contact your network administrator or your e-mail service provider for assistance.
To specify a custom subject for e-mail notifications in the Subject field:
By default, the subject of Acronis e-mail notifications is similar to these examples:
Upon operation's successful completion: [ABR] Task <task type> succeeded on machine <machine name>
When user interaction is required: Task <task type> requires your interaction on machine <machine name>
Upon operation failure: [ABR] Task <task type> has failed on machine <machine name>
To specify a custom subject, first go to the choices under Send notifications and select the appropriate checkboxes indicating when you want to receive notifications by e-mail:
- When backup completes successfully
- When backup fails
- When user interaction is required
Be sure to also check the option Add full log to notification if you want the e-mail notification to include log entries for the operation.
To configure additional e-mail parameters:
Click Additional e-mail parameters and choose from these settings:
- From - Type the e-mail address of the user from whom the message will be sent. If you leave this field empty, messages will be constructed as if they are from the destination address.
- Use encryption – Select this option to use encrypted connection to the mail server. SSL and TLS encryption types are available for selection.
- In some cases, authentication on the incoming mail server is required before sending. If this is the case, select Log on to incoming mail server check box to enable a POP server and to set up its settings: Incoming mail server (POP), Port of the POP server, User name and Password;
- You can press Send test e-mail message to check whether e-mail notifications work correctly with your specified settings: