eFolder is always happy to help you out with whatever issues you may have but Acronis has a lot of great helpful articles in their Knowledge base. This is a list of articles from Acronis that we find particularly helpful and are worth taking a look at.
- Acronis Backup Advanced 11.5 User Guide
- Our guide is simply instructions for configuring your backups to work with eFolder. If you are new to Acronis their User Guide can be very helpful.
- Acronis Solutions Guide and Best Practices
- Our best practice guide for deploying and using Acronis with eFolder
- Acronis FAQ
- Acronis' link to their helpful. Lots of basics on setup and recovery and links KBs for common issues.
- Acronis E-Mail Alerts
- This guide helps to setup e-mail alerting through acronis.
- Acronis E-mail Reports
- E-mail reporting is not supported in the Acronis GUI but they do have script you can schedule to run to e-mail out reports on a regular basis.
- Acronis VSS Troubleshooting
- VSS issues are a common cause of backup errors on any VSS aware application. Ultimately these are Microsoft issues but Acronis does have some useful troubleshooting documents. You can also see our VSS documents here.
- Troubleshooting re-adding machines to AMS
- Occasionally you can receive the following error when re-adding a previously removed machine to the AMS: "The machine has already been registered." Try the following KBs to help resolve the issue.
- KB38219 Run troubleshooting script for AMS DB. It may find and fix DB inconsistency.
- KB30461 Script for specifically removing orphaned machines from the DB.
- KB4327 Manually remove machine entries from the DB.
- KB11256 If all the above fail you can change the agent ID in the registry of the agent.
- Cleaning Acronis Management Server Database
- The Acronis Management Server Database can sometimes get rather large causing the service to take a long time to start even after it reports as being started under services.msc
- You can check the size of the file by looking at %ProgramData%\Acronis\AMS\dml_objects.db3
- Management Server Troubleshooting Script
- Sometimes issues can arise with the Management Server Database. This can cause several issues such as starting, connecting, or adding machines to the AMS. This script will take a look at the Management Server Database and return with any issues it finds as well as recommendations on repairing the issues.