Setting up the backup software involves the following steps:
- Downloading the software and running the setup program
- Entering the username and password
- Creating a pass phrase
- Choosing what data should be backed up
- Scheduling when backups should occur
- Configuring options
Downloading and Setting Up the Software
Your branded backup software can either by downloaded by:
- Visiting the following URL:
Where brandID is your two or three letter brand ID. (If you don't know your brand ID, please contact us.)
- Logging in to the web portal and choosing Support -> Download
Once downloaded run the program and follow the installation wizard. All of the default options should be fine.
- Tip: If there is less than 1 GB of free space on C:\ then you should install the backup software to a different hard drive (e.g. D:\Program Files\Axcient Backup).
The setup wizard will start the backup software when it has finished installing.
Configuring up the Backup Software
When the software starts for the first time, the getting started guide will be displayed with detailed instructions on how to setup accounts. The by getting started guide is also available online by clicking here.
The getting started guide will walk you through fully configuring the software and performing the initial backup.
There is also this collection of knowledge base articles in the Initial Backup section to assist you with the initial backup. These articles will help you:
- Accurately estimate how long the initial backup will take
- Initially backup to a USB disk for local preloads
- Determine what kind of USB disk is needed for local preloads