Overview: This article reviews the steps to create a new administrative user and assign a security role.
- Log into the eFolder Portal
- Select Account Center (Visual View) in the Accounts main menu bar option.
- Click the New Account Wizard button on the top left under the Home button on the menu bar.
- Select New sub-account for an existing customer; then select your company from the list below and click Next.
- Select Create a new contact record from Contact Record pull down menu. Enter the new user’s name and email address. Click Next.
- Select the desired parent account from the Parent Account ID pull-down menu.
- Enter the desired username. Then select Generate Random Password and leave Must Change Pwd: checkbox selected.
- Enter a hard quota in the Hard Quota field if you wish to restrict the amount of data this user can back up with this account. Leave Notify User via Email selected, then click Finish.The new user will receive an email with their Username and temporary password.
- Back in the Account Center, right click on the new user and select Set Role from the Password/Security option.
- Select the desire security role from the pull down menu.
- Click Submit. A message box confirms that the security role was properly assigned.
Note: The roles have the following permissions:
- Partner Senior Manager – Has the ability to assign security roles and manage all other accounts.
- Partner Senior IT Manager – Can assign security roles and manage all accounts except Partner Senior Manager.
- Partner Senior Customer Service – Can create new accounts and delete accounts, but cannot assign security roles.
- Partner Customer Service – Can only modify existing accounts.
- Partner Read-Only – Can access reports (such as billing reports) and documents on the eFolder Portal.
- Partner API – Allows management software to pull data directly from the eFolder Portal.
- Power User – Designed for end users who require the ability to log into the eFolder Portal and see their own company accounts.
- Default User – Automatically assigned to all new accounts.
Note: A new security role icon will be displayed to the left of the username. If you hover over the icon, it will display what the current security role assignment is.
Note: If this new account will not be doing backups, you may want to consider disabling email notifications for this account. Please refer to the following KB article –