Acronis Install Review Checklist
Note: This checklist is for installing the AMS at your customer’s site and configuring it, deploying agents, and configuring backup plans. Click this link to view the Acronis Solution Guide and Best Practices PDF. Click other links for additional help.
Management Server Installation
- Install the AMS and Acronis Console onto a machine at your customer’s site.
- On the installer, check the following boxes: Centrally monitor and configure the backing up of physical and virtual machines, Store the backups of other machines on this machine, and Connect to remote machines.
- Connect to the AMS and configure the local vault to store the Acronis backups.
- For local backups, we recommend not using deduplication locally unless you have extremely fast disks and a minimum of 32GB of RAM available to dedicate to Acronis.
- If you do choose to setup deduplication locally, please ensure that the dedup indexing database is on a separate volume.
License Provisioning and Installation
- Provision Acronis licenses from the eFolder Web Portal for the machines you plan to protect.
- Ensure that you provision add-on keys for Exchange, AD, SQL, and SharePoint as needed.
- Add provisioned licenses keys to the License Server on the AMS at your customer’s site.
Agent Installation and Configuration
- Deploy Acronis agents onto the machines that are going to be protected and register them with the AMS at the customer site.
- On the installer, check the following box: Backup this machine’s data.
- Configure notifications in the AMS both locally at your customer’s site and on the remote AMS in the eFolder Cloud.
- Under Options, Default backup options, select E-mail notifications.
- Specify the things for which you want to be notified and enter in your SMTP information.
- Create a local backup plan and add protected agents to the backup plan.
- Note: Backup Plans should be setup by connecting to the local AMS—not the agent itself.
- Recommended: Create a custom backup plan with incrementals throughout the day, a differential once a week, and a new full backup once a month.
- Ensure that you enable chain cleanup by deleting images older than a set period of time.
- IMPORTANT: You must create a separate Exchange Information Store backup to execute granular recoveries from Exchange.
- Create a remote backup plan or seed drive backup plan if you need to seed the data to eFolder using a drive; after the seed drive has reached the datacenter, convert the seed backup plan to a remote backup plan.
- Recommended: Create a custom backup plan with incrementals once a day, differentials once a week, and a new full backup once a month (because of deduplication, the full backup will not be transferred in full).
- IMPORTANT: Please pick a random arbitrary date for your full images to ensure that all your customers do not send full backups to the data center at the same time.
- IMPORTANT: Do not set retention to less than 60 days.
- Note: We do not support granular Exchange recoveries in our cloud. Do not setup Information Store backups to the cloud. In the event of a disaster, Exchange will work in a virtual export with the standard image-based backups.
Create Bootable Media:
- Select the Bootable Media Builder under the Tools
- Select a media type of Windows PE; you will likely have to download the Windows AIK (~3GB).
- Select ISO as the media type.