When the Anchor desktop client is not synchronizing as expected, the first step in diagnosis is to gather the logs from the Anchor desktop client and deliver the zipped folder to eFolder Support. This article describes how to gather the logs from a desktop client running on Mac OS X.
For instructions on accessing log files on a Mac machine, please reference the Retrieving Logs from the Windows Desktop Client Knowledgebase article.
These tasks are performed in Terminal. The commands listed below assume you are using the bash shell environment.
Note: Utilize the cd command to navigate between folders.
- Create a directory on the Desktop for easy access:
command: mkdir ~/Desktop/Anchorlogs
Anchor logs are located in the following directory:
- To copy Anchor logs to a folder on user's desktop Anchorlogs folder:
Note: Use tab to let terminal finish word.
sudo cp svc[tab]_* ~/Desktop/Anchorlogs
Example command: sudo cp svc_output_2013-05-16_0* ~/Desktop/Anchorlogs
Another example: sudo cp ~/.anchor/logs/*.log ~/Desktop/AnchorLogs
- If the problem is not apparent in the log files, you can turn on advanced (debug) logging. To do this, navigate to the following location:
- Ensure AutoFlush is set to true.
- Comment out the previous Filter value (add # in the front of the line):
#Filter="%Severity% > debug"
Filter="%Severity% > debug or (%Channel% != protocol and %Channel% != rpc_service and %Channel% != overlay_query and %Channel% != overlay_status and %Channel% !=
- To save the file in nano, use Ctrl+O, then Ctrl+X to exit.
- Use cat to view the file:
- Access the OS X logs are here:
- Utilize the following command to copy all Diagnostic Reports to a folder on user's desktop Anchorlogs folder:
sudo cp -r DiagnosticReports/ ~/Desktop/Anchorlogs
- The system log can be accessed here:
- Copy the system.log file to the Desktop folder:
sudo cp system.log ~/Desktop/Anchorlogs
- Navigate to the Anchorlogs folder within the Desktop folder to change read/write permissions:
- Run the following commands:
Note: sudo might require the OS X password.
sudo chmod 775 svc_output_2013-05-16_0*
sudo chmod 775 .Anchor*
sudo chmod 775 system.log
- Zip the folder's contents using the following command:
sudo tar -cvf Anchorlogs.tar Anchorlogs
- Right click on Anchorlogs folder, compress, and send the log files to eFolder Support through file transfer, email, or upload to syncedtool.com.