This article outlines the process of renewing an SSL certificate for your Apache or Anchor server.
For instructions on configuring a new SSL certificate, please reference the How to Configure a Single Domain SSL Certificate or a Wildcard Certificate Knowledgebase article.
Section 1: Apache Server
In order for mobile devices to log in, a valid CA signed SSL certificate must be installed for Apache. Self-signed certificates are not supported.
Renew the Certificate from your SSL Certificate Authority
- Navigate to your chosen SSL Certificate Authority (for example, GoDaddy, Thawte, Verisign, and so forth) and log in. Each of these Certificate Authorities will provide a specific set of steps for renewing an SSL certificate. For example, you might need to re-submit your .csr file located in your Apache directory (for example,C:\Apache24\bin\ssl\_.yourdomainname.com.csr); or, your Certificate Authority might already hold a copy of this file in their system.
- When this process is complete, your SSL Certificate Authority will provide you with two updated files: a .crt file and a bundle.crt file. Make sure that you specify Apache server type when you download the files.
- After your SSL Certificate Authority provides you with the .crt file and the bundle.crt file, move the files into the C:\Apache24\conf\ssl\ directory.
Update http.conf and Restart the Apache Service
- Navigate to Apache’s conf directory (for example, C:\Apache24\conf\) and open the httpd.conf file.
- In the VirtualHost section, update the following lines:
- SSLCertificateFile "C:\Apache24\conf\ssl\yourdomainname.crt"
- SSLCertificateChainFile "C:\Apache24\conf\ssl\yourbundle.crt"
- Save and close the file.
- Restart your Anchor Server Service.
Section 2: Anchor Server
If you use an SSL certificate for your Anchor server—for example, for WebDAV support—you will also need to periodically renew the SSL certificate for your Anchor server.
Chain the Files
- After you receive your renewed .crt file and bundle.crt file, you will need to COPY the following two files from your Apache folder (for example, C:\Apache24\conf\ssl) and PASTE them into your Anchor conf folder (for example, C:\Anchor Server\conf folder).
- .crt file
Modify config.ini and Restart the Anchor Service
- Open your C:\Anchor Server\conf\config.ini file.
- Under the [server] heading, change the following value to point to your new combinedbundle.crt.
- ssl_crt = "C:/Anchor Server/conf/combinedbundle.crt"