When attempting to map a network drive to https://dav.syncedtool.com, you encounter the following symptoms:
- There is no password prompt
- A Network Error dialog box opens and "See Details" reads a code of 0x80070043.
- Reboot Windows
- From a command prompt, attempt to telnet to dav.syncedtool.com on port 443. If it fails or times out, check your firewall or network for blocked port 443.
Try to download and install the Microsoft update KB90730 – Web Folders: http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=15123 (Warning: Contact your system administrator before installing Microsoft Updates that have not been authorized by your system administrator)
Run Windows Update (Start > All Programs > Windows Update) to make sure the latest patches are installed on your system. Reboot if necessary (Warning: Contact your system administrator before installing Microsoft Updates that have not been authorized by your system administrator)
Make sure WebClient Services are active and starts on boot (Start > Search > Type: services.msc > Select Services)
- Check your Network Provider order (WARNING!!! Editing the Registry improperly can prevent your computer from booting!!!)
- Open REGEDIT (Start > Run > Regedit)
- Navigate to HKLM>System>CurrentControlSet>Control>NetworkProvider>Order
- Open the key "ProviderOrder"
- Make sure there is only ONE single comma separating each entry (Example: RDPNP,LanmanWorkstation,webclient)
- If you find multiple commas between Providers, remove the extra commas.
- Move "LanmanWorkstation" to the front of the list (Example: LanmanWorkstation,RDPNP,webclient)
- Restart the computer