eFolder Replibit High Level Overview
eFolder Replibit is an Image-Based backup and disaster recovery solution with an integrated virtual machine hypervisor, and a native off-site replication engine designed to ensure robust protection of your customers' data during the most severe site disasters.
Replibit is licensed and delivered as a Channel-Only, Managed Services solution, available only to registered eFolder Replibit Partners. Partners can use the product to deliver a custom-branded Backup and Disaster Recovery (BDR) solution, as part of an overall Managed Services business platform.
eFolder Partners use Replibit to provide their Customers with an on-site Backup and Disaster Recovery platform, enabling instant recovery via on-appliance virtualization. The Replibit product provides a built-in replication engine to automatically transport every backup of your Protected Systems to the eFolder Enterprise Storage Cloud or your own Datacenter.
The eFolder Cloud allows you to effortlessly scale from terabytes to petabytes, with 24/7 critical business support, and includes free shipment of USB storage devices to manage base system image seeding.
eFolder Replibit is a BDR solution that is best described as an, “All-in-one Business Continuity Platform” for MSPs.
- eFolder offers local BDR Appliances, that you can purchase from eFolder; there are several tiers of Appliances based on your backup and storage needs, or you can build your own device (BYOD).
- It includes Cloud replication/backup to a Vault to store, and recover your data. This can be done either in the eFolder Cloud, or (if you have the infrastructure set up), you can vault to yourself.
- It includes the eFolder Replibit software Agent for the laptops, workstations, and/or servers that you are backing up.
- And the Global Management Portal, which gives you the capability to manage the entire platform from a ‘single pane of glass.’
Other features of Replibit include:
- Chain-free backups. Many image-based backup solutions on the market rely on chain-based technology to perform backups. With these solutions, if there is ever a corruption or deletion of one of the recovery points in the chain, the back-up chain is essentially rendered inoperable.
- With Replibit, each back up is independent of the other, which is critical should anything compromise one of the subsequent backups.
- Another key feature is automated testing and verification. So rather than putting labor efforts towards constantly testing your backups, Replibit will actually do this for you automatically, saving you time and resources. It can reduce or even eliminate the need to manually test your backups.
- Finally, Replibit has deep ConnectWise integration. This means that you can:
- monitor all of the deployed Appliances and Vaults that are being used,
- obtain back up status alerts,
- receive storage alerts, utilization alerts, and many other statistics and reporting.