The Vault provides essentially the same services and features as the Appliance, with a few differences in presentation and function. All of the menu panes and features present on the vault work similarly to the Appliance, and as such, this manual will document only the Vault specific differences here.
General differences between the Replibit Appliance and Vault
Where the Appliance is intended to be deployed at a single customer location, the Vault is designed to be multi-tenant, and securely accept replicated recovery point data from multiple customers and sites.
- The Web Interface features and options are slightly different than the Appliance, and specific features are split between Admin mode and User mode.
- The Admin has access to configuration and management functions on the device, but is locked out of user-specific features and options, such as mounting, virtualizing, or exporting Protected Systems.
- Users have very limited access to configurable settings on the device, but have full access to recovery and export options ONLY for their own protected systems present on the Vault.
- To perform recovery operations on a Vault, you must log in to the Vault using the Customer credentials you entered when creating the customer in the Replibit License Portal.
- The Schedules, Vault Settings, and Download menus do not appear on the Vault.
Replibit Vault Menus
Names of Replibit Admin Users
When logged in to a Vault as Admin, the following menus are present:
- Protected Systems
- Manage Storage
- ConnectWise Settings
- System Info
- Cluster Management
When logged in to a Vault as a Customer, the following menus are present:
- Protected Systems
- File Browser
- NFS Exports
- System Info
Customer accounts have access only to Protected Systems and information related to their own account. When performing NFS Exports, virtual disk Export, or browsing mounted recovery points, customer related files are stored in customer specific paths, secured to their login account.
Except where noted in the following sections below, all menu items present for the specified class of user (Admin or Customer) operate identically to the Appliance.
Protected Systems Menu Differences
- There is no Missed Backup Alert Hours setting present on the Vault.
- Replication settings do not exist on the Vault.
- The Replication button has been replaced with Recover – USB.
- When logged in as Admin, all of the snapshot actions are grayed out. You must log in using a customer account (as provisioned within the eFolder Replibit Licensing Portal) in order to access the snapshot actions.
- Customer user accounts have access to all Snapshot actions and retention policy, but cannot configure bootVM or Migrate options.
Users Menu (Admin Only)
The Vault synchronizes periodically with the License Portal to retrieve all customer accounts and passwords. When logged in as Admin on a Vault, the Users menu will appear.
From the Users menu pane, the Admin user can access a list of all customer user accounts that have been created by the Partner, and set customer-specific disk space quotas per customer to limit total storage usage on this Vault.
A digest of license usage for all customers is also displayed from the Users menu page.