Performing a Migrate relocates the backup data of a Protected System along with all of its metadata to another device.
Note: Starting a migration of a Protected System to another Appliance will permanently disable it for backups on this Appliance. For more information, please review the Migrating a Protected System to a New Appliance article.
To migrate a Protected System to another device:
- In the Appliance menu pane, click Protected Systems.
You will see a list of the systems currently being backed up and protected by the Appliance.
- Click the Protected System's Details button to launch the Protected Systems Details page.
- In the Protected Systems Details page, click the Migrate button.
The Migration Settings dialog box displays.
- Use the following options to configure migration settings:
- Select Within Cluster Over Network to relocate data to another device within the current management Cluster.
- Select Outside Cluster Over Network to migrate data to a new device over the network.
- Select Within Cluster Over USB to write the Protected System recovery points and metadata to an attached USB hard drive; you can then relocate it to another device within the current management Cluster. To receive the data on the target system, attach the USB hard drive and click Import in the Protected System page.
- Select Outside Cluster Over USB to write the Protected System recovery points and metadata to an attached USB hard drive; you can then deliver the data to a new device.
Note: The Migrate Outside Cluster over USB option can be used to migrate Protected System data to an entirely different Replibit Partner account if desired.
Click the Migrate button to confirm, or click Cancel to abort the process.