This article describes how to recover from a Vault using a USB hard drive. To recover a Protected System directly over a network, please reference the Recovering a Protected System (Network Recovery) article.
To recover a Protected System using a USB hard drive to transport the data:
- Navigate to the Protected System Details page on the Vault.
- Click the Recover – USB button.
The Recover Through USB dialog box displays.
- In the Recover Through USB dialog box, select the desired disk from the USB dropdown menu.
- Verify the Free Space value is sufficient for the Protected System being exported.
- Click Recover to begin the export process.
You can monitor the progress of the data export from the System tab on the Jobs menu.
- When the export to USB has completed successfully, transport the USB drive to the customer location and attach it to the Appliance.
- Navigate to the Protected Systems menu and click Import.
The Import Protected System dialog box displays.
- In the Import Protected System dialog box, select the USB drive from the USB dropdown list, and then select the Protected System from the Protected Systems dropdown.
- If an Encryption password was configured for the Protected System, enter it in the Password field.
- Click Import to begin the recovery on the Appliance.
You can monitor progress from the System tab on the Jobs menu.