Replibit Initial Configuration
Now that the underlying operating system has been installed, it is time to complete the configuration and deployment of the new device. Note: Please document the IP address of the new system displayed at the login prompt. If there is no IP address displayed, wait one minute and press <Enter> to refresh the display.
If you intend this device to be a Customer Appliance, ensure that you have already created a customer account in the eFolder Replibit Licensing Portal, and that the account has an unallocated Location before proceeding. Please access the eFolder Replibit Licensing Portal Guide for detailed instructions on creating and managing customer accounts, locations, and licensing.
Open a web browser and navigate to the IP address of the newly installed device to launch the Setup Wizard.
- To complete the setup and registration process of the device, you must have Internet access while running the Setup Wizard.
- There will likely be updates to apply. If so, you will see an “Applying Updates” popup. Applying updates may take as much as 20 minutes to complete. After completion, the device will be rebooted after the update process has completed. Observe the device console and wait for the system to complete its reboot before proceeding if updates need to be applied.
Once the system has been updated, the Replibit License Agreement screen appears.
- Read and accept the agreement before continuing. Select the radio button, I accept the terms in the license agreement.
- Click on the I Agree button to continue the configuration process.
3. Next, select between a stand-alone deployment or a multi-machine cluster.
- For most deployments, you will select, First Machine in Cluster.
- If adding a new machine to an existing site deployment, See the article referencing, “Clustering.”
- Note: It is recommended to consult with eFolder Replibit Support prior to deploying any cluster for a discussion of the benefits, implications, and limitations of clustering.
4. Click the Next button to proceed.
5. Enter Passwords.
- The Linux Root user is the core operating system super-user and requires a highly secure password. Enter a Root Password at least 10 digits long containing Upper, Lower, Numeric and Special (i.e. #$%^&@!*) characters.
- The Replibit User Password is a limited access shell account whose password should be at least 8 characters long.
- The Admin (Web GUI) Password is used to access the Web Interface and all Replibit features. This password should be at least 8 characters long.
6. Click the Next button to proceed.
7. Click the Next button to proceed.
8. Select the intended Role for the new device. These include:
9. Click the Next button to proceed.
11. In the Reseller Password field, enter the Licensing Portal Password that was provided when you completed your, "Replibit Partner agreement and License Portal" training.
12. If deploying a new Appliance, click the Get Customers button to populate the list of customers with unallocated locations.
Note: If you are attempting to reuse an existing location that had a previous Appliance instance, you must delete and recreate the location within the eFolder Replibit Licensing Portal if you are unable to perform a Factory Reset operation on the Appliance originally assigned to the site.
Note: A Factory Reset will delete all data from the Appliance and make it unrecoverable.
Click the Next button to proceed.
The Network Setup screen appears.
- This displays the current Network Interface configuration.
- By default, eFolder Replibit is configured for DHCP.
- eFolder highly recommends that you click on ‘Configure’ and set up a Static IP address for your device.
Once you have completed your Network configuration, click the Setup button to continue.
At this point in the configuration process, your device and role assignment selections will be saved, and the device setup will be completed.
You will see the screens below, indicating that the system is being initialized. Once initialization has completed, the device will reboot automatically one last time.
When the reboot has completed, the login page will appear, which you will complete in the, "First Time Login" step.
Note: The login page may appear before the device has rebooted, but you will not be able to log in until the reboot has completed. This may take several minutes on some systems.
If you receive an error that the user is not authorized for login, wait two minutes, and try again.
First Time Login
Once the machine has rebooted, log in, and continue configuring settings.
In the Username field, enter the default username which is ‘admin.’
- In the Password field, enter the password you provided for the Admin (Web GUI) user during the Setup & Configuration process.
Please see the remaining topics under, Replibit Administration.