IMPORTANT NOTE PRIOR TO INSTALL: With some hardware configurations, eFolder Replibit will automatically start the install without any prompts. This will delete all data on the drive that you are using to install Replibit. Therefore, do not boot a machine with the eFolder Replibit installer that has data on it that you intend to keep.
Note: An Internet connection from the appliance will be required during the post-installation provisioning of the device.
The following steps describe the installation of the underlying Replibit operating system.
- In order to ensure that the installation can complete successfully, the system should be connected to a network with DHCP and open Internet access to allow the software to be updated and registered during the Setup & Configuration process.
- If booting from a USB device, it may be necessary to change the default boot order of the system.
- Power on the system and press the appropriate key (Typically <Del>, <F1> or <F2> on most white-box systems, or <F9> on HP Servers) to enter the BIOS setup menu.
- Locate the Boot Order management page within the BIOS and configure the system to enable booting from USB Flash drive.
- Ensure that the boot order places the USB device before internal Hard Drives. Alternatively, press the Boot Menu key (Typically <F9>, <F10>, or <F11> on most systems) and directly select the USB device to boot from.
Note: The Replibit operating system does not support booting from UEFI mode motherboards.
- If your hardware defaults to booting using UEFI then you must change the settings within the BIOS to boot using Legacy mode.
- Consult your system motherboard documentation for instructions on selecting between Legacy and UEFI boot modes.
Once the BIOS configuration has been completed:
- Ensure that the DVD or USB Flash Drive is inserted into the system.
- Exit from the BIOS after saving any settings changes.
- Reboot the machine.
The Replibit installer should now load on the system.
- Boot the Replibit OS.
- When prompted for an Installation Type, select Erase Everything and Install Replibit.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If any other operating system is installed on the system, it will be destroyed, and replaced with the Replibit operating system.
- Click the Continue button to proceed with the installation
- Select the first disk (typically”sda”) in the system to be the boot drive and operating system disk.
Note: This disk will be formatted and erased during the installation.
- Click on Install Now to continue.
Installation will now proceed; please wait for this step to fully complete. Loading the operating system may take several minutes, depending on the hardware and type of USB installation media being used.
- When the installation is complete, remove the DVD or USB Flash Drive from the system.
- Click the Restart Now button.
Note: Depending on your system BIOS, it may be necessary to press the <Space> bar once to continue if the reboot appears to be stalled..